Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you identify this sensor? see pics

this is especially for tony N

here are some pics of the sensor the plastic bit it the end that snapped off the brass end you can see is left in there.
    in pic numbered 75 you can see what i believe is the temprature sensor for dash instrument and to the lfet of it the broken sensor .

in pic numbered 73 you can see what i think is the fan operating sensor and the broken sensor below it all wiring for these sensors looks standard.

picture 81 shows the connection end of the switch if anyone can help id apprciate it .

its a 1991 ln130 2.4 td ssr ltd manual
    chassis number is q-ln130g-gkmgt frame no is ln130-0068788 engine code is 2lte

many thanks for looking if you want to call me 01766 832405
    Attached Files
    Last edited by matthew coventry; 7 January 2006, 17:52. Reason: added pic

I think I have sussed it. The one with the green wire on should be the fan thermostat. Pull it off with the engine running and the front fan should kick in.

The other one I am not too sure about.
    Last edited by kitesurf_phil; 7 January 2006, 18:23.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

The broken one is the front fan sensor. The one towards the rear of the engine I think is the gauge sensor. The one at the front I'm not sure about - I think that's an add on 'cos from memory I don't think I've got one on my truck (too dark and cold to look )
      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

is yours a manual like mine?

Originally posted by Gamedawn
        The broken one is the front fan sensor. The one towards the rear of the engine I think is the gauge sensor. The one at the front I'm not sure about - I think that's an add on 'cos from memory I don't think I've got one on my truck (too dark and cold to look )
        the wiring to it looks standard the only one i need to no is the broken one is there a site i could get a toyota wiring diagram that covers these parts on?

Comment

I'm sure the broken one is the front fan sensor but as a back up what colour is the wire that connects to it? It should be white with a green tracer
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

not sure as car is in garage at moment with busted fanbelt

Originally posted by Gamedawn
            I'm sure the broken one is the front fan sensor but as a back up what colour is the wire that connects to it? It should be white with a green tracer
            not sure as car is in garage at moment with busted fanbelt the wire to the other one is green though

Comment

update on the wires with pics

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
              I think I have sussed it. The one with the green wire on should be the fan thermostat. Pull it off with the engine running and the front fan should kick in.

The other one I am not too sure about.
              the wire to the broken switch is white with a light blue line running either side lengthways the there is a picture of the connector it goes on to i do not think this is an accesory as wiring runs into a standard harness
              so of the three sensors 1 is green 1 is yellow and green and broken one is white with blue stripe does this help??

does anyone know how to read an electrical diagram and trace the wire i know it runs with the temp sensor wire
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X