fitting a cb radio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitting a cb radio?

i want to fit a cb radio in the surf underneath the existing radio but the cb was too long and stuck out, so does anyone else have any suggestions where to put it? i was thinking the roof but i think it might get in the way.

Hi m8

Had the same problem.

As long as the cb is not too wide, you need to cut a hole in the back of the cubby box and slide the cb in from the front. I secured mine with double sided tape.

Wired it to the ign on side of the cig lighter for the power & earthed to the back of the dash - problem sorted

hope this helps

ta

hawaii
    I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Originally posted by And_o
      i want to fit a cb radio in the surf underneath the existing radio but the cb was too long and stuck out, so does anyone else have any suggestions where to put it? i was thinking the roof but i think it might get in the way.
      Mines on the plastic trim in front of the gear stick, beneath the radio. Turbo timer is on top of it. Looks good there too.

ETA - I have a double din radio so the lower pocket wasn't available.
      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Try this one. its a single din 80ch cb designed to fit in dash.
        http://www.kcb.co.uk/shop2/ then select cb radios on the left.
        I have a slim model cb 15mm tall 130mm wide and 150mm deep. got it on ebay new for £25 that fits neatly on right of dash below light dip switches.
        Last edited by Grimreeper; 6 December 2005, 20:48.
        BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Working...
        X