mystery black box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mystery black box

After my recent flooding I've found another PCB in a black box that needs cleaning out, this one looks burnt out but I'm not sure. It's the box low down just in front of the 4wd lever, next to the gear shift. Wires from it split into 3 connectors, I'm guessing it might be related to stopping the gear lever moving out of neutral unless your foot is on the brake. Can anyone confirm what this one it is? (i did search the forum but not knowing what it was didn't make it easy!)

This PCB looks blackened on the back, is this inevitably the end for it or might it still work?

How much abuse can these PCB's take? The ECU seems to be OK, the immobiliser box seems OK, despite being full of silt when i took them out.

This cleaning out job is dragging on, but at least i can have the engine and heater on now

cheers
    PM ME IF YOU'RE SELLING A 2ND GEN 3.0TD...

Originally posted by NeilT
    After my recent flooding I've found another PCB in a black box that needs cleaning out, this one looks burnt out but I'm not sure. It's the box low down just in front of the 4wd lever, next to the gear shift. Wires from it split into 3 connectors, I'm guessing it might be related to stopping the gear lever moving out of neutral unless your foot is on the brake. Can anyone confirm what this one it is? (i did search the forum but not knowing what it was didn't make it easy!)

This PCB looks blackened on the back, is this inevitably the end for it or might it still work?

How much abuse can these PCB's take? The ECU seems to be OK, the immobiliser box seems OK, despite being full of silt when i took them out.

This cleaning out job is dragging on, but at least i can have the engine and heater on now

cheers
    i think that is for the abs the only way to check is to find a quiet road and slam your foot on the brakes if you feel a judder in the pedal and it feels like your not going to stop then it seems to be working
    I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I don't have ABS so it's not that. I've put it back together and everything seems to function, though not knowing what it is I'm lacking peace of mind The only PCB that seems to have died is the (new ) Kenwood iPod adapter. It looks OK and the other boxes have been OK. I wish Toyota had made it, it might have survived!
      PM ME IF YOU'RE SELLING A 2ND GEN 3.0TD...

Comment

Originally posted by kiowa
        i think that is for the abs the only way to check is to find a quiet road and slam your foot on the brakes if you feel a judder in the pedal and it feels like your not going to stop then it seems to be working
        i have a bad judder on my pedal.... might be something to do with my left disc being worn down by my pads that have run out!
        helpfully the brake warning light now comes on after the disc is ruined lol
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
        X