high ratio 4 wheel drive blowing fuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high ratio 4 wheel drive blowing fuses

dose anyone know why when i try to go into high ratio 4 wheel drive , why should the fuse for the clock/cigarette lighter blows and nothing else happens . the surf in question is a 93 2.4td manuel

Originally posted by whalsaysurf
    dose anyone know why when i try to go into high ratio 4 wheel drive , why should the fuse for the clock/cigarette lighter blows and nothing else happens . the surf in question is a 93 2.4td manuel
    Hi,
    welcome, I would first want to discover if there is some wiring underneath the carpet, and in area of the transfer lever which is connected to these non-related components, and is causing /creating a short circuit..I dont have same truck as yours, maybe someone who does, will kindly advise if there is a cover which our new friend can remove to inspect...if not can you get underneath...OK it's not the weather for this but thats my input...it seems fairly basic fix to me, "something is chafing / being chafed " - sort this you'll sort prob ..you need to expose linkage (transfer lever) and examine for this as an initial step IMHO

Peter

Comment

ok thanks for that when it stops freezing for long enough i will have i look and let you all know what has nappened so others can learn with this fault but if others have any ideas we would like to know

Originally posted by Uplander
      Hi,
      welcome, I would first want to discover if there is some wiring underneath the carpet, and in area of the transfer lever which is connected to these non-related components, and is causing /creating a short circuit..I dont have same truck as yours, maybe someone who does, will kindly advise if there is a cover which our new friend can remove to inspect...if not can you get underneath...OK it's not the weather for this but thats my input...it seems fairly basic fix to me, "something is chafing / being chafed " - sort this you'll sort prob ..you need to expose linkage (transfer lever) and examine for this as an initial step IMHO

Peter

Comment

prob solved somehow

Originally posted by whalsaysurf
        ok thanks for that when it stops freezing for long enough i will have i look and let you all know what has nappened so others can learn with this fault but if others have any ideas we would like to know
        some how the prob that i have been having has sloved itself the thing that i can think of is lack of use

Comment

Working...
        X