Original CD player not working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original CD player not working!

The Cd player is the standard 12 CD changer job. I stripped down the dash the other day to see if any of the wires had come loose but everything was connected. The radio works o.k apart from it is still on Japanese wave length. All the speakers (which rattle) work. The bottom half does not work at all, no lights nothing. When I dissconnect the battery and reconnect I can here the cd changer shuffle. When I try the eject button nothing happens?! I have also checked all the fuses in the driver footwell all o.k, I also check for a fuse wire on back off cd changer but nothing.

Any ideas? Comments?

Cheers Tom

Originally posted by Whelan

Any ideas? Comments?

Cheers Tom
    Yes, follow standard procedure and chuck it.
    Many of us have experienced difficulties with the jap import stereos, and whilst some work fine, many such as yours do not. Most repair shops won't touch em.

Then you also have the worthless band expander issue.

Best procedure when buying a jap import is to budget for new stereo (and tyres) as those fitted are rarely up to the job of operating in the UK
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Money is tight that is the only problem! Looks like I will have to chuck it fed up of no music! The car was imported by the previous owner over a year ago and the radio seems to have been untouched so he/she can not have been bothered about music. I have new tyres on tho, so thats another job off the list!

Comment

Money is tight that is the only problem! Looks like I will have to chuck it fed up of no music! The car was imported by the previous owner over a year ago and the radio seems to have been untouched so he/she can not have been bothered about music. I have new tyres on tho, so thats another job off the list!
        If money is tight AND you have a MP3 player you DO have another option - although it is NOT HIFI

Get an MP3 Player transmitter and tune your car radio to it (turn OFF the Auto retune option).

Example here

Trev
        Last edited by That Ruddy Squirrel; 3 November 2005, 13:40. Reason: added example
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

The Cd player is the standard 12 CD changer job. I stripped down the dash the other day to see if any of the wires had come loose but everything was connected. The radio works o.k apart from it is still on Japanese wave length. All the speakers (which rattle) work. The bottom half does not work at all, no lights nothing. When I dissconnect the battery and reconnect I can here the cd changer shuffle. When I try the eject button nothing happens?! I have also checked all the fuses in the driver footwell all o.k, I also check for a fuse wire on back off cd changer but nothing.

Any ideas? Comments?

Cheers Tom

Agree with abvove - chuck it!!! (or do as i did and sell it on ebay!) I managed to get a tenner for it AND i put on the ad that I could not get it to work!!!

Your other option is what i did for the first month (providing you have a tape player)

1 get a tape
          2 record music over night
          3 play it all day
          4 record it the next night
          and so on and so on

you will find the weather and traffic reports are a little out of date though - i had an overturned lorry on the M60 every morning for a week!! it was a nightmare trying to find an alternative journey every day! laugh3:
          Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Any ideas? Comments?

Cheers Tom

Hi Mate.

I had exactly the same sort of problem with mine, more or less. You could load CD's into it, but they wouldn't play. Put about 6 CD's into the cassett, then remove the empty trays you are'nt using. Re-fit the tray and push the CD/CH button on the bottom CD player. It should then light up, do a bit of shuffling, then play the first CD. I've had no problems with mine since doing this. Give it a try, it's far cheaper than replacing it. The sound out of mine is fantastic considering it's an 11 year old CD player with original speakers.

Comment

I cant get the shuffler to eject so I cant put any CD's in. Looks like I am goin to have to chuck it. Oh well more money!!

Cheers Tom

Comment

Eclipse CD/Mini CD

Originally posted by M35A2
                Hi Mate.

I had exactly the same sort of problem with mine, more or less. You could load CD's into it, but they wouldn't play. Put about 6 CD's into the cassett, then remove the empty trays you are'nt using. Re-fit the tray and push the CD/CH button on the bottom CD player. It should then light up, do a bit of shuffling, then play the first CD. I've had no problems with mine since doing this. Give it a try, it's far cheaper than replacing it. The sound out of mine is fantastic considering it's an 11 year old CD player with original speakers.
                Hi Mate

I have a problem with my Double DIN CD I cant load it with CD's. Am I a bit thick or what??? Is there a seperate stacking unit elsewhere in the vehicle?? I haven't had this vehicle long (SSR-G M Reg 1995) Any help would be gratefully received

Andy

Comment

Working...
                X