Starter Electrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter Electrics

I have a 1994 SSRX Surf import and am trying to install an immobiliser that needs a connection to the starter wire from the ignition key barrel. I thought it would be the white wires (two of em) that register 0v in all positions except 'start' on the key and 12 v at that position ............ However, cut both wires and the thing still fires the starter motor. Anyone got any suggestions ??

Here are the thanks in anticipation. $$$$$$$$$$
    Paul.

This drawing should help you. Looks like you want the black ones inline with the auto inhibitor.

Rich.

http://www.afm15.dial.pipex.com/surf...torpreheat.jpg
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Hi Phoenix, thanks for your e-mail.

We are allways willing to help.

Welcome to the forum.

Rich.

Comment

Phoenix.

Try putting your immobiliser just before the Fuel Cut-Solenoid, Wire BY
        ( providing of course the immobiliser bought will be ok for this ) Putting it just before the solenoid cuts off the fuel supply, engine turns but dosn't start.

Would be neds think that only the ignition side will be secured, so then they wire starter direct to battery, engine starts, Surf goes walk about with the neds.

With it in the fuel electrics line, flat battery.

Worth thinking about anyway.
        Good luck.

Sewerat
        [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by rich
          This drawing should help you. Looks like you want the black ones inline with the auto inhibitor.

Rich.

http://www.afm15.dial.pipex.com/surf...torpreheat.jpg

Rich, have you gotr links to other bits of the wiring diagram (91 ssr-x 2.4)
          Nice when clean, better when muddy

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber
            Rich, have you gotr links to other bits of the wiring diagram (91 ssr-x 2.4)
            All the stuff I have is here on my website

http://www.afm15.dial.pipex.com/

Click on the picture of my Surf and go to the 'techy bits' for the drawings I have.

Rich.

Comment

Cheers Rich. Dead useful.
              Nice when clean, better when muddy

Comment

property

hi rich dont wanna send a gang of blokes round here do ya i need some work done in my house its a bugger trying to find someone theres quite a bit to do m8 mark
                black n tan
                black n tan
                yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Originally posted by slydog
                  hi rich dont wanna send a gang of blokes round here do ya i need some work done in my house its a bugger trying to find someone theres quite a bit to do m8 mark
                  Hi Mark,

Dagenham, bit far for the locals that I use (and me to be honest). Tend to stick around the local area I am afraid.

Sorry,

Rich.

Comment

Working...
                  X