Air Con Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Con Wiring

Has anyone got a wiring diagram for the air con on a kzn 130?
    I am intending to use the electric fan as an auxiliary cooling fan controlled by a programmable temperature sensor.
    It would normally be a fairly simple task to operate the fan relay but the fan has 2 relays for some reason and I need a diagram to find out why.

Cheers
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Originally posted by paulh
    Has anyone got a wiring diagram for the air con on a kzn 130?
    I am intending to use the electric fan as an auxiliary cooling fan controlled by a programmable temperature sensor.
    It would normally be a fairly simple task to operate the fan relay but the fan has 2 relays for some reason and I need a diagram to find out why.

Cheers
    BUMP

Paul

Comment

I know yours is a KZN130 but I am guessing that there are some similarities to the LN130 particularly when it come to AC fan wiring.....it is bo11ocks as is pretty much all the wiring in the surf.
      On the front of the AC pump is the electric clutch.
      2 wires. 1 should be ground and one should come live when AC is on to engage the clutch.
      On the front of the T-stat (LN130) is a thermoswitch which holds earth when cool and opens at temp and in turn starts the electric fan.
      Now if you are handy with electrics you may already have some ideas from here.

Mine has bypassed all the original wiring and I have a new fan controller.
      Have a quick search around here as I have written plenty about it before.

I'll try to get hold of a KZN130 in the next few days so I can be more specfic for you guys with the "flash" motors.

Hope this is of help and feel free to give us a shout if you get stuck.
      Simon.O.
      '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Originally posted by Simon.O.
        I know yours is a KZN130 but I am guessing that there are some similarities to the LN130 particularly when it come to AC fan wiring.....it is bo11ocks as is pretty much all the wiring in the surf.
        On the front of the AC pump is the electric clutch.
        2 wires. 1 should be ground and one should come live when AC is on to engage the clutch.
        On the front of the T-stat (LN130) is a thermoswitch which holds earth when cool and opens at temp and in turn starts the electric fan.
        Now if you are handy with electrics you may already have some ideas from here.

Mine has bypassed all the original wiring and I have a new fan controller.
        Have a quick search around here as I have written plenty about it before.

I'll try to get hold of a KZN130 in the next few days so I can be more specfic for you guys with the "flash" motors.

Hope this is of help and feel free to give us a shout if you get stuck.

The fan doesn't appear to be controlled by a temp switch it comes on as soon as the air con button is pressed with or without the engine running, as I said what is confusing me is the 2 relays, I have since discovered that if I partly remove one of the relays the fan doubles its speed so I suspect that it may short out a resister to give full power. Should be fairly simple to trace with a diagram but to try and follow the wiring on the truck is virtually impossible.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
          The fan doesn't appear to be controlled by a temp switch.
          I would have thought that the KZN engine would have this feature too
          ... may short out a resister to give full power..
          I remember when I tore out my old electric fan that there was some sort of resistor jobby there too, thats all gone now.
          Should be fairly simple to trace with a diagram but to try and follow the wiring on the truck is virtually impossible Oh how true of surf wiring.
          Ah well wait and see if someone comes up with a diagram for you.
          Simon.O.
          '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Air con fan

Hi All
            KZN130
            I have just wired my air con fan to work without the full air con working so as to help with Rad cooling when towing uphill or under heavy load.
            On top of the air con compressor there is a feed wire which works the compressor.I have put in a swicth to stop the feed going to the compressor.So when I flick the new switch on and press the usual air con button the fan work on its own and when I turn the new switch off the compressor comes into play
            Will see if this helps when towing my caravan in Spain later this month

Comment

Working...
            X