yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check engine came at 4000rpm and the engine just stopped revving What is the cause?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check engine came at 4000rpm and the engine just stopped revving What is the cause?

Last night i was driving on the motorway when i was going to pass a veichle i pressed the gas pedal to accelerate and the tranny shifted into 2nd (auto) and when the engine reached 3600rpm it just almost stopped revvin and when it reached 4000rpm the check engine came on and the engine like it just lost its power, then i let off the gas pedal and the revs went down and when then the engine went down below 1500rpm the check engine went off.
    Today i went to see the codes and it gave me a code 14 and the o/d light started flashing when i was reading the codes. The o/d light never flashed not even last night. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!!

(Toyota hilux pick up 1995 2L-TE Auto)

Hi mate, code 14 on a '95 3.0, (but there isn't a code 14 on up to 93' 2.4, so we'll go with it ) is the timer control valve, other things that affect it are clogged fuel filter, freezing air (not an issue where you are!!!) Then look loose plugs on tndhe fuel pump, and finally the timer control valve on the fuel pump itself.

But, a slipped T/belt will also cause the same fault, seeing as you were giving it some stick at the time I'd check that first.

Dunno about the O/D light, might be a seperate issue, or might go off then the motor is sorted out.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Hi mate, code 14 on a '95 3.0, (but there isn't a code 14 on up to 93' 2.4, so we'll go with it ) is the timer control valve, other things that affect it are clogged fuel filter, freezing air (not an issue where you are!!!) Then look loose plugs on tndhe fuel pump, and finally the timer control valve on the fuel pump itself.

But, a slipped T/belt will also cause the same fault, seeing as you were giving it some stick at the time I'd check that first.

Dunno about the O/D light, might be a seperate issue, or might go off then the motor is sorted out.

Tony sounds like the same type of problem I was having....my question is if the T-Belt has slipped would the engine still start/run with no problems..?? Secondly have you got a pic of where the timer control valve is...because mine is a '95 3.0L. I don't know how to get or who in my area(Gwent-South Wales) can get the fault codes. I have fitted a new fuel filter when I changed the oil/filter/air filter. Thanx M8..

Comment

Here ya go matey.....
        .http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/codes/index.html

Comment

Also.......
          http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...+control+valve

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            The actual code numbers on that site are for US petrol motors. but how to get them is OK.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Nice one cheers Vince....but before I check that...where can I get the fault codes for a KZN-130 3.0L TD...I've done searches for diagnostic fault codes but none...

Comment

Hi guys thanks for the replys. These two weeks the engine has been taking a bit longer to start but the loss of power on 2nd gear at 3600rpm has been occuring just when it is under load, the more load it has the more it happens earlier in the rpm's.
                Thanks for the replies guys!!!

Comment

Working...
                X