X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulbs

Hi everybody.... help

93 Surf ssr-x 2.4

The light at the AUTO gear leaver is not working, and it is difficult to know if I am in gear or not at night .

Does anyone knows how to get to it?

Also the little button on the 4 wheel drive stick rattles like hell any way I can take it to bits and see why it rattles

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks
    Last edited by atucny; 23 September 2005, 01:37.

The bulb that lights the auto lever is a titchy fiddly little bulb takeone posi screwdriver and swear a lot taking the shroud off and its done in about ten minutes...........

Comment

I've just change the very bulb of which you speak!
      You need to remove the screws securing the centre consol first so it is loose but no need to remove it.
      Next remove screws for the gear shift surround.
      there should be three threaded screws holding the gear position indicator, remove these and you can lift the plastic high enough to take out the bulb holder. Just twist it a quarter turn and pull.You can get replacement bulbs from accessory shops like Halfords.
      As for the gear sticks, the main one has two threaded screws holding it on the shaft, and smaller 4wd has the one screw.
      The switches on both 'sticks' are a push fit and can be prised out with a very small screw driver or similar.

p.s. You may find a load of dust and fluf and maybe coins when you remove the gearstick surrounds, I did!

Comment

You are becoming the resident bulb expert Vince

Comment

Hehe it is starting to look like that.
          I got my clocks out of the truck again and fitting the blue l.e.d.s I bought with a dimmer control

Comment

Thanks DaveD and Bushwacker I'll have a go tomorrow

Comment

What about the heater control light bulbs? How involved are they to replace? Is it a 7lb hammer and screwdriver job with the good old book of expetives too hand!!

Paul
              DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

I had a look while my dash was in pieces and you need to remove the cables at the rear of the heater controls, then unplug the two multiplugs, then remove the three screws, so you can then start to dismantle the heater control box with all the buttons on to get at the bulbs in side, which are three 3mm green leds. It's one big faff!
                I haven't done mine yet as I've got a Mini Cooper in pieces as well, and thats taken priority at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  I had a look while my dash was in pieces and you need to remove the cables at the rear of the heater controls, then unplug the two multiplugs, then remove the three screws, so you can then start to dismantle the heater control box with all the buttons on to get at the bulbs in side, which are three 3mm green leds. It's one big faff!
                  I haven't done mine yet as I've got a Mini Cooper in pieces as well, and thats taken priority at the moment.
                  I think I shall wait untill I have the inclination to rip out the dash again!! and just use a torch in the mean time!!
                  DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
                    I think I shall wait untill I have the inclination to rip out the dash again!! and just use a torch in the mean time!!
                    Paul
                    Have you tried thumping the dash with your fist ? I did and all the heater lamps came on . I do this quite often and solves the need to remove dash at the moment .
                    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

vince
                      whats this about a mini
                      u doin the same as me
                      mines a mini 25
                      Last edited by mud skipper; 28 March 2008, 14:30.
                      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Hi John,
                        My Mini has been sat in the garage for two years now waiting for a new front end. I bought the wings and 'A' panels a year ago but only recently got 'round to fixing it up.
                        Mainly 'cos it's in the way and 'er indoors is on my case about it.
                        It's a 1996 Cooper 'look-a-like' 1.3i.
                        The pic is before it went into 'hibernation'!

Comment

Hi John,
                          My Mini has been sat in the garage for two years now waiting for a new front end. I bought the wings and 'A' panels a year ago but only recently got 'round to fixing it up.
                          Mainly 'cos it's in the way and 'er indoors is on my case about it.
                          It's a 1996 Cooper 'look-a-like' 1.3i.
                          The pic is before it went into 'hibernation'!
                          i'm impressed looks good
                          got mine 6 months ago started stripping it and found the whole drivers side is as rotten as a ten year old peach
                          need extensive restore
                          rear wing top and bottom, door, sills in out and middle, door step, flich panel,wing,inner wing,shock mounts, front panel,valance & the list goes on hence ive done nowt to it as im debating wot to do with it..........
                          Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Blimey! when you found it, was it lying on it's side in a river?

I just bought another Mini from ebay for £200. It's got a new rear subframe and all the chrome bits. I thought a bit of polishing and flog it for a profit................oh no, every thing was fine except the bodywork!
                            Still, it had all the bits on it that I was gonna buy for my Mini anyway, so I strippped it and cut the body up into bite sized pieces, chucked them in the back of the truck and a couple of trips to the tip later, no more bodyshell.
                            But I've got three crate fulls of spares...............you need anyfing?

Comment

i keep thinking of getting another mini for a track car... but keep buying c-rap!
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X