window power problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window power problem

probably i stupid question, but is it normal that when i'm lowering my window (or any window at all) and at the same time open the drivers door, the window stops? Is there a security stop or something? Or is it a broken wire?
    My main problem is that sometimes the entire window unit (drivers door) isn't working (except central door locking and mirrors). When i shut the door real hard, the problem sometimes is solved. And , yes , i cleaned the unit, sprayed all the connectors (in the door aswell) .
    ANYONE ???
    Thanks.

Originally posted by vincent
    probably i stupid question, but is it normal that when i'm lowering my window (or any window at all) and at the same time open the drivers door, the window stops? Is there a security stop or something? Or is it a broken wire?
    My main problem is that sometimes the entire window unit (drivers door) isn't working (except central door locking and mirrors). When i shut the door real hard, the problem sometimes is solved. And , yes , i cleaned the unit, sprayed all the connectors (in the door aswell) .
    ANYONE ???
    Thanks.
    Sounds like broken wires to me. I had no lockiing on my drivers door but one day it must have caught on the wire and its been ok since
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Havent heard of a security stop Vincent sounds like a broken/loose wire try a search on "rear window"

Comment

ANYONE ???
        Thanks.
        Re Drivers Door (central locking and windows "helm" ) Door Card Removal
        There are three "push in centre then withdraw outer" trim clips. Lift upholstered section of door pull /armrest -two hidden clips. Large phillips head two screws, then twist up the finger plate. One phillips head partially hidden in interior door catch.....door card can then be eased clear (held by number of push clips around sides and lower edge...careful...Lift away from window.. do not PULL too hard because...yes when door card is clear down the back you will see the connectors for the electrics...one or maybe two of these will be the source of the bad connection IMO Well vincent, thats how I sorted a similar problem on my 3rd gen motor, AND got to squirt some waxy protector goo into the door panel and interior edges....(carefully covering the speaker unit first of course -these items dont like any contamination ) so I reckon given the way Toyota make their vehicles your car could have similar set-up...Now I await loads of guys tellin me /us they are very different ? gud luk..anyway..

Peter
        Last edited by Uplander; 23 September 2005, 14:28. Reason: Update info

Comment

thanks all,

I did spray all the connectors with a contactspray, but it did seem to dry them out a bit. I guess i better spray them all over again. Can i use WD40 aswell, Or do i need to go to the shop and buy a special spray?

Comment

thanks all,

I did spray all the connectors with a contactspray, but it did seem to dry them out a bit. I guess i better spray them all over again. Can i use WD40 aswell, Or do i need to go to the shop and buy a special spray?
            http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...tyswitches.htm

im not sure if the link works, if not you can mail me in dutch on michelvanaar@hotmail.com.
            i had a dusty trip and had to fix the same switches, they work fine now!!

i still need to fix my rear window!!its down and i won't get it up !!!!
            talk about anoying things !!

Comment

as uplander predicted,a bod saying its different.i have a 2.4 td(Ln130)with power window issues.trying to fix it but cant figure out how to remove the door panel.i've unpopped and unscrewed everything i can find,but stuck on the door catch.do i only need to remove the bottom panel,or am i still missing something?

Comment

Working...
              X