Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Heater Controls - Ideas?

Tech Gurus

Forgive the ignorance, but the rear heater controls in my 1991 SSR-X seem to be busted?

I've tried the rocker switch in all positions (High, Off & Low) and the temp silder but nothing happens.

The front controls and A/C work fine.

Possibly a fuse?

Where does the heat/cold from the rear heater control actually come from? The little vents underneath the control?

Perhaps I am being a muppet and the rear controls only work when you do something I am not doing.

Not a major issue, c'ept the missus feet are cold!

Thanks

Originally posted by AngloTurk
    Tech Gurus

Forgive the ignorance, but the rear heater controls in my 1991 SSR-X seem to be busted?

I've tried the rocker switch in all positions (High, Off & Low) and the temp silder but nothing happens.

The front controls and A/C work fine.

Possibly a fuse?

Where does the heat/cold from the rear heater control actually come from? The little vents underneath the control?

Perhaps I am being a muppet and the rear controls only work when you do something I am not doing.

Not a major issue, c'ept the missus feet are cold!

Thanks
    In a 3rd gen there's a small fan and heater matrix under the drivers seat. As far as I know the front heater/ventilation controls are totally separate from the rear. Certainly sounds like a fuse, loose connection or burnt out fan motor. Or dodgy switch I suppose.

hope that helps
    Rob

Comment

Thanks guys, I will give it a try.

(The swithces and fuses that is, not brave enough to suggest socks to the missus!! Even a Hilux would not protect me, Mr Clarkson et al shoudl have tried an angry wife, she could have smashed their truck to death in no time)

Comment

Working...
      X