small radiator fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small radiator fan

Have thought of running a switch to the small radiator fan for extra cooling when towing my caravan. After reading a thread explaining how to do this have found that the fan does not run when disconecting the wire from either thermostat housing sensors or when i switch the aircon on. I have noticed a small crack in the centre part of the front sensor next to the connector. Can I get this part from milners is it probably this or something else. Can anyone confirm what this fan does anyway. Help appreciated.

The electric fan.....this IS my area of knowledge.
    First thing is you have established that it does not work when you disconnect the wire from the T-stat??
    Does the fan work........believe me I spent hours mucking about before I found out thta my fan was poked. If so replace the fan.
    After that it is pretty basic electrics to make a on off circuit for it.
    The temp-switch in the T-stat housing is an ''earth-loss'' set-up, from here it is very easy to work out how to run the fan yourself.
    I have an automatic + manual fan control system in addition to an over-temp warning system with test features and over-ride functions for both.
    I am on leave at the moment but as soon as I get back to ''work'' will run up a set of plans that will go on the Aussie ''Surf Tech site'' Have a look there and you will find all sorts of goodies and my fan-set-up soon !!
    If you have a very basic understanding of electrics you will work it out before I have sent my stuff to Australia !!
    Cheers and beers
    Simon.O.
    '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Working...
    X