Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights, same a hilux pickups?

Hi,

Does anyone know if the headlights on my 2nd Gen 1995 Surf are the same as those on an equivalent year Hilux pickup?

I figure there must be some pickups going thru breakers now.

I need 2 replacements.

Cheers, Paul

think they are, as long as they are rectangular and not sloping at the outer edge. this is my '93 truck front end.
    Attached Files
    Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

AFAIK only the earlier pre-face lift 2nd Gens share their headlights (recessed in grille) with the pick-ups, the later aero front end with the flush fitting headlights are unique to the Surf/4Runner
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
        AFAIK only the earlier pre-face lift 2nd Gens share their headlights (recessed in grille) with the pick-ups, the later aero front end with the flush fitting headlights are unique to the Surf/4Runner
        Yup, so in this case they won't fit!
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

AFAIK only the earlier pre-face lift 2nd Gens share their headlights
          Well if they look like the image that Openback showed I guess thats a no.

pre-face lift 2nd Gens - what month/year of production was that then? Where can I read more on the differences?

BTW thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogsurf
            Well if they look like the image that Openback showed I guess thats a no.

pre-face lift 2nd Gens - what month/year of production was that then? Where can I read more on the differences?

BTW thanks everyone.
            Face lift was in 1992, have a look at Codlords site, lots of good info there.
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
            X