Sat Nav Toyota TNS 200 swop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat Nav Toyota TNS 200 swop

Hi All .... Just curious to know if anybody had successfully managed to swop the European Sat Nav TNS 200 or 300 system complete unit for the imported version we can't get to work? Is it possible to install the Euro system and get it to play through the import double din unit and screen or will it only work through the later Toyota radios with a navi button?
    Cheers ... Alan

Originally posted by Cohannon
    Hi All .... Just curious to know if anybody had successfully managed to swop the European Sat Nav TNS 200 or 300 system complete unit for the imported version we can't get to work? Is it possible to install the Euro system and get it to play through the import double din unit and screen or will it only work through the later Toyota radios with a navi button?
    Cheers ... Alan
    I was looking at the tns 200 on e-bay yesterday and it looks like it only shows you an arrow that points you in the direction of travel and not a full blown map screen.

Have a look at this link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-TNS-200...QQcmdZViewItem

If you scroll down to choose a picture you will see an extra diagram with some sample stereo pics.

Comment

Yep Billy, I think you are right in your assumption. Do you know if anyone has successfully linked up any other UK Sat Nav system to our import Toyota screen? Luke from SoarerTV.com is working on a NTSC/PAL converter for the TV channels and it would be rather nice to see something other than Japan on the Sat Nav screen...... Alan

Comment

I read somewhere on here that someone had managed to rig up a dvd player to their stereo, I took the stereo out of mine to have a look (as i have a 12 volt dvd player) but i did not recognise any of the connections on the back.

As for the tv, ntsc to pal or vice versa i believe many have tried before and the costs involved were not worth the effort.

The cheapest solution i have found for tv/dvd/mp3/cd/radio, single din(to replace your existing stereo) and a single din flip out screen as a replacement can be found here.

£250 not including posting

http://www.tgincar.co.uk/

Still no gps but a screen that you could attach gps to

Comment

The TNS 200 and 300 systems have full map features depending on the Hardware used. I would be happy to investigate (just need a vehicle to look at )

TGincar do not answer their phones (or deliver goods) anymore

Here are few images of an SC430 install

Comment

House

Not selling the house are you ?
            Still Searching,
            Dick Whittington

Comment

just wondering

Originally posted by Cohannon
              Cheers ... Alan
              has anyone had any luck with converting to uk maps yet(as its been a year and i`m hoping).

Comment

Working...
              X