Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unconnected connector ! Inside centre console

Hi,
    Firstly, I just wanted to say this forum is brilliant. I don't post much but I do read A LOT. Its saved me a fortune and given me the confidence to tackle problems on my surf, but this time I can't find the answer (easily). So here my question :-

I have had the center console out to get at my rear heater blower, and noticed an "unconnected connector". It lays with the two other connectors and I wonder if anyone knows what it is for ?
    The connectors that ARE connected are for the rear window up/down switch and another to the rear heater blower assembly.... The third one doesn't look like it has anywhere to go or has ever been connected.

Has anyone else got some other option fitted to thier center console that would explain this....just curious....

Thanks in advance, Dayfut.

Someone who`s got a sunroof may be able to tell you but i think its the connector for the electric sunroof switch, the loom is in place but like me you just dont have the switch for the connector to go onto.
    Cheers

Mart 870

Racing for Thomas

Comment

I too came across one the other day when I took out my rear window switch, is it a black connector like mine?

Originally posted by dayfut
      Hi,
      Firstly, I just wanted to say this forum is brilliant. I don't post much but I do read A LOT. Its saved me a fortune and given me the confidence to tackle problems on my surf, but this time I can't find the answer (easily). So here my question :-

I have had the center console out to get at my rear heater blower, and noticed an "unconnected connector". It lays with the two other connectors and I wonder if anyone knows what it is for ?
      The connectors that ARE connected are for the rear window up/down switch and another to the rear heater blower assembly.... The third one doesn't look like it has anywhere to go or has ever been connected.

Has anyone else got some other option fitted to thier center console that would explain this....just curious....

Thanks in advance, Dayfut.
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I`ve got a 3.0L Omega which is an ex Police car so it has a very low spec, i had the dash out to replace a switch and all the blank switches have connectors on back with wires coming off them - it`s fairly usual for cars to have the same loom for all spec levels and then they just have to plug in the relivent switches/sunroof/fog lights etc to make them work.
        Cheers

Mart 870

Racing for Thomas

Comment

connecter

Hi l am 90% sure you will find it is forfront spot lights.
          Live Life To The Full

Comment

thats handy bob, any idea where the other end is? or colours? i just scrounged some fog lights..
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
              Hi l am 90% sure you will find it is forfront spot lights.
              I already have a stock switch for front spots and they are working which is why I though its not that. Mine is right next to the blue plug for the rear window switch...
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

The two coin holder blanks on a 2.4 (next to the rear window switch) were the normal place for the heated seats option. Two off hi/lo/off switches, one for the driver and one for the passenger. If thats what your wires are then they will go to behind the dash where the heated seat relays aren't

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                  thats handy bob, any idea where the other end is? or colours? i just scrounged some fog lights..
                  HI if l am right you should find a white male connecter in the clump of wires inbetween the fuse box and the battery
                  Live Life To The Full

Comment

From what ive learnt so far the wiring loom is for front fog lights which would be on surfs depeding on the area of japan they where from. you can get the switch from toyota but are quite pricey and the other end of the loom should be near the front of the radiator which is only one wire for positive ther is one on left and one on right i found this info and checked mine(92 ssr-x 2.4 lte) and it is there

Comment

Are the heated set relay sockets with all the other relays under the dash... or somewhere special...?

I am currently fancying the heated seat option... a lot... early starts and that... Found an ad in an american hot rod magazine that sells heated seat panels... now all I need is some switches, some hog pliers... and a little time...

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
                      The two coin holder blanks on a 2.4 (next to the rear window switch) were the normal place for the heated seats option. Two off hi/lo/off switches, one for the driver and one for the passenger. If thats what your wires are then they will go to behind the dash where the heated seat relays aren't

Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X