door open light???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door open light???

hi, the door/boot "open" light stays on on my dash. I have checked switches, put contact lube on boot lock but nothing it still stays on, BUT interior lights inside stay off, any ideas?
    ANTZ

Have you checked the tyre carrier switch? (assuming its got a rear mounted spare.)

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

yes, unless its broken inside, does this switch light up in dash if carrier is open?
      ANTZ

Comment

Try shutting the spare wheel carrier with a bit of force, to make sure the switch connects to turn the light off.
        Also could be that there is a bad earth connection somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by anthony whatford
          hi, the door/boot "open" light stays on on my dash. I have checked switches, put contact lube on boot lock but nothing it still stays on, BUT interior lights inside stay off, any ideas?

have you got the rear window open? try closing it a bit, and the light goes off and stays off (unless the engine is switched off and restarted), then you can open it fully again.

works for me

There is a sep light for the s/wheel carrier on mine (looks like an open gate)

hth

Thandi

Comment

MIne does that - give it a hard shove - should do the trick
            Drink Till she's cute, but stop before the wedding

Comment

please dont apply the "shove it hard" rule with all dealings of "back doors" .
              Ian

Comment

Working...
              X