Clifford Alarm Battery Disconnected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clifford Alarm Battery Disconnected

I think i have done a very silly thing!, Has any one heard of this?

I have a CLIFFORD 300 alarm fitted to my Surf. and the other day i was fitting some spotlamps to it. As i was working around the Near side battery i decided to disconnect the earth lead to it!

Since i did that the alarm goes off for no reason even whilst driving the car! I did not loose any memory to radio or clock whilst the battery was disconnected.

I have spoken to and agent for Clifford and they were about to try a new key for me but then another guy got involved and informed me that I had proberbly knackered the "BRAIN". The agent was not local to me and he knew this so i wondered if he just wanted shot of me (I know you cant blame him!!)

It seems pretty ridiculous that you can destroy the unit just by disconnecting the battery!! I have not checked the instructions yet but when i originally read them I am sure it did not warn of this (I shall be checking them tomorrow!!)

Any thoughts or comments gang??

Paul
    DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Sounds to me that the alarm senses it has been tampered with and activates itself, and just needs reseting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
      I think i have done a very silly thing!, Has any one heard of this?

I have a CLIFFORD 300 alarm fitted to my Surf. and the other day i was fitting some spotlamps to it. As i was working around the Near side battery i decided to disconnect the earth lead to it!

Since i did that the alarm goes off for no reason even whilst driving the car! I did not loose any memory to radio or clock whilst the battery was disconnected.

I have spoken to and agent for Clifford and they were about to try a new key for me but then another guy got involved and informed me that I had proberbly knackered the "BRAIN". The agent was not local to me and he knew this so i wondered if he just wanted shot of me (I know you cant blame him!!)

It seems pretty ridiculous that you can destroy the unit just by disconnecting the battery!! I have not checked the instructions yet but when i originally read them I am sure it did not warn of this (I shall be checking them tomorrow!!)

Any thoughts or comments gang??

Paul

Have a look here, may be of some use........
      http://www.clifford.com/guides/ogs/c...0uk_owners.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Have a look here, may be of some use........
        http://www.clifford.com/guides/ogs/c...0uk_owners.pdf
        Thanks for that Vince that is an updated version of the one i have got so that is very usefull.

I have tried the spare remote and it appears to be fine with that!, but time will tell!! It appears to be playing up when the original remote is near the car, I wonder if i damaged it when it was in my pocket whilst rolling around on the ground fitting my spots!!

I have spoken to Clifford and awaiting a reply but it might work out cheaper for me (if the unit is faulty) to have it ripped out and another make fitted that is supported by a company on the island, as it could cost me in the region of £80 just in ferry fares to a Clifford Dealer!!!

Paul
        DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Working...
        X