That man's a hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That man's a hero

Need to let you all know that i have found a new hero. The name is Fieldsy, and he has put a post on here of how to change starter motor contacts.
    Am on my way to Denmark this week with my truck, and the starter had been clicking more and more. Decided to read up and fix the ****** thing, and got everything i needed off his info. Ordered the repair kit off roughtrax including plunger bit fer only 35 quid. As usual it turned up prompt the next day and i got to it it with socket set, spanners and a smile. Soon had it wiped off me mug cos getting a starter out is a SWINE of a job.
    after swearin and insulting him for 2 hours i got it out and the job was almost done.
    Starter is workin a treat and i reckon that young fella saved me the neck end of 200 quid, as i wouldnt have braved it without readin that lot first.
    Cheers fella, you are my hero this week, until the next thing goes wrong with it.

Originally posted by blacksurf
    . Soon had it wiped off me mug cos getting a starter out is a SWINE of a job.
    after swearin and insulting him for 2 hours i got it out and the job was almost done.
    Mine has been out and in more times than a butchers.....never mind
    I have got it down to 20 minutes max each way. The real trick is in having a 26" long 3/8 drive extension on to a ball-type universal to the socket to get that upper bolt out.
    Good effort to do it yourself and you should have less worry with the click...click F.....! worries now.

For a laugh read this one
    http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/pub...ighlight=click
    Last edited by simono; 11 August 2005, 01:54.
    Simon.O.
    '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Working...
    X