clicking when starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clicking when starting

occasionally on starting my 1994 3ltr my starter does not operate and i get a single click from the n/s of the engine bay ,try again and she starts .any ideas ,and if a replacement starter ,solonoid, or something is required who do you guys recommend, cos i dont think milners do them do they.

Its the starter contacts, read this for more details. http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...arter+contacts

Comment

Just finished fixing one! Roughtrax do a repair kit for about £35, includes everything you need.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

have you checked your batteries? ive just had very similar problem. my threads here in this forum as: cant start 2.4 surf HELP. dunno if that helps.
        its broken again..... isnt it.

Comment

Originally posted by iceman
          occasionally on starting my 1994 3ltr my starter does not operate and i get a single click from the n/s of the engine bay ,try again and she starts .any ideas ,and if a replacement starter ,solonoid, or something is required who do you guys recommend, cos i dont think milners do them do they.

Check Batteries, but sounds more like the contacts in the starter motor on the way out.

See fieldsys instructions

Part numbers from toyota
          Plunger, Magnet Switch (Solenoid) Part No. 28235-17030- £14.92
          Fits 2LTE, 3L..LN13# IKZTE, 2L#, KZN130, LN108,112,85..4FC

Starter Kit, Motor Terminal (The bit the plunger hits and connects the starter motor) Part No. 28226-54220 £9.39

Starter Kit, Battery Terminal (The other bit the plunger hits) Part No. 28226-54320 £5.78
          Last edited by Gizmo; 4 August 2005, 21:12.
          Gaz

Comment

Working...
          X