cannot start 2.4 surf, HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot start 2.4 surf, HELP

i can't start my 2.4 surf, i had an immobiliser fitted two months ago and its been running fine so i doubt its that. after de-immobilising the surf today i waited for the heater plugs to warm up, when it bleeped (as they do) i turned the key but instead of starting, it just made a loud clicking noise from what sounds like a big relay under the bonnet, and the rev. count. went up to red line and back down again, as if it was trying to tell me something. ive got work in a few hours......HELP, it still wont start
    its broken again..... isnt it.

Sounds like your starter contacts are worn, read this thread for info on changing them.

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...arter+contacts

Comment

Or the battery's flat/knackered.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

i just pushed the ariel back in by hand (its electric but never works, it just makes noise) and when i tried again to start it up it worked. so i dont think its the starter. any other ideas? coz i bet it wont start again later.

Comment

If the battery was flat it wouldn't have started 2nd time, but the starter contacts are intermittent.

Comment

but the rev count dial was flicking up to the top as if it was telling me something, why?

Comment

Definitely sounds like a battery / alternator problem to me!
              Are youy fan belts tight?
              When you turn on ignition, what's the position of the needle on the amp meter ?

Comment

yeah you were right, it was the battery. it had a new one when i bought it, checked the levels on the old one a couple of weeks ago and it was low, topped it up but it mustve been way too late, it was giving out 7% and the new one which was being dragged down by the other one was giving out 46%. i bought a new battery and ive not had any trouble since. thanks for your help.

Comment

by the way, im selling the surf. its in the for sale pages on the forum with my email add. i got an email from some weirdo who wanted to write me a cheque for it despite never actually even seeing a picture of it........ oh yeah... then he asked me what country i was in!

what planet is he on?

Comment

Working...
                  X