Power Antennae fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Antennae fuse

My Surf's power antennae is making quite a racket when raising. Either it needs lubrication or something is about to let loose.

Does anyone know where the power antennae fuse is located? I would prefer to simply leave the antennae in the raised position and leave it alone vice spending money on a repair.

Thank you!

Jeff Shaffer
    Okinawa, Japan

I think you'll find it in the fusebox in the drivers side footwell.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jeff]My Surf's power antennae is making quite a racket when raising. Either it needs lubrication or something is about to let loose.

Does anyone know where the power antennae fuse is located? I would prefer to simply leave the antennae in the raised position and leave it alone vice spending money on a repair.

This is prolly the motor / mechanical wheelup ie the part that raises the aerial..you need to fire some electrical contact cleaner - a lot down the aerial orifice into the works NOT ordinary oil or spray grease - too claggy. the cleaner will evaporate after doing its job, this takes 4.5 minutes and should be switched off and left to do its work. The best powered aerials only operate on the push (extend stroke) and when the radio is switched off the aerial retracts thro gravity.....same with the first generation window lifters :laugh2

Comment

Working...
      X