Poxy Radio! Its finally beaten me!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poxy Radio! Its finally beaten me!!!

It`s no good the japs have finally got the better of me!!
    Just bought a new sony radio/cd.....thought after reading all the threads re radio fitting should be pretty straight forward!!! But as usual my surf wiring looks nothing like any diagrams/pictures etc....
    I`ve got small plug to back of o/e radio which comes from silver box with fins(possilby amp) in passenger footwell. They have all got Toyota p/n and it all looks like o/e wiring! The Halfrauds wiring adapter don`t fit ........ Any thoughts

Any help from anyone would be appreciated....

Originally posted by mitch c
    It`s no good the japs have finally got the better of me!!
    Just bought a new sony radio/cd.....thought after reading all the threads re radio fitting should be pretty straight forward!!! But as usual my surf wiring looks nothing like any diagrams/pictures etc....
    I`ve got small plug to back of o/e radio which comes from silver box with fins(possilby amp) in passenger footwell. They have all got Toyota p/n and it all looks like o/e wiring! The Halfrauds wiring adapter don`t fit ........ Any thoughts

Any help from anyone would be appreciated....
    cut the plug off and wire straight thru with crimp connectors.

sure it's not an iso connector already in loom?
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
      cut the plug off and wire straight thru with crimp connectors.

sure it's not an iso connector already in loom?
      thanks for the reply, but as i haven`t got a clue which wire does what that ain`t gonna work

Comment

thanks for the reply, but as i haven`t got a clue which wire does what that ain`t gonna work

Remove the amp. The wiring conector from hafrauds will fit on the end of the plug that plugs into the amp.
        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Have a look here;

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Toyota-Wiring.pdf

I got myself an ISO connector from Halfords, and soldered the relevant wires to it.
          A bit fiddly, but once it's done you can connect almost any radio to it.

Comment

thanks chaps....... already checked out the wiring diagram from the link and none of the wires match....i`m gonna break out the digital camera tonight then you can all see my dilema....

thanks for trying but i can feel several hours crammed in the footwell with a multimeter coming up.
            (p.s that doesn`t mean the rest of you can`t come up with some clever ideas!!)

Comment

thanks chaps....... already checked out the wiring diagram from the link and none of the wires match....i`m gonna break out the digital camera tonight then you can all see my dilema....

thanks for trying but i can feel several hours crammed in the footwell with a multimeter coming up.
              (p.s that doesn`t mean the rest of you can`t come up with some clever ideas!!)
              where abouts in London are you mate? If you wanna pop over I can try and help you figure it out.
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

just round the corner from you, i`ll send you an e-mail...

photos to wet your appitite:
                Attached Files

Comment

surely not... is your Surf blue? Do you also have a Audi TT?
                  Tim

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                    surely not... is your Surf blue? Do you also have a Audi TT?
                    wished it was blue then the radio might fit....and unfortunately i don`t have a TT just a big orange boat......

Comment

wished it was blue then the radio might fit....and unfortunately i don`t have a TT just a big orange boat......
                      hah ok then someone else. Drop us a line.
                      Tim

Comment

Working...
                      X