Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear interior light

Hi folks,
    I baffled. The rear interior light (one in the boot) is a 3 position switch - off, door, on - like the front one. Yet it doesnt ever come on in the door position and I cannot see a switch on the rear tail gate. The wiring inside is all connected though in the unit.

Should this light come on in the door position when the rear tail gate is opened? If so where is the switch?

Thanks

Ant
    1996 SSR-G 3.0 TD Intercooler
    Mazda Rotaries too!

Bl..dy good question. Unfortunately can't find the answer. Went out to look at mine and there is no obvious switch. But the light doesn't go out until the tailgate is pushed fully home, so it must be somewhere around the sides, although I can't see anything there. I even tried springing the door locks to see if it was actioned by them but nothing. Would be interested in any positive response as well.
    Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by db2boy
      Should this light come on in the door position when the rear tail gate is opened? If so where is the switch?
      Thanks
      Ant
      The switching is in the tailgate latches.

Originally posted by Tallyman
      I even tried springing the door locks to see if it was actioned by them but nothing. Would be interested in any positive response as well.
      The tailgate latches need to be pressed until they click twice.

Neville

Comment

Ever shut your head in the fridge door trying to see if the light really goes out when you shut the door?
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

you need to read terry waites book, he was moved round beruit in a big fridge, and he said the light definately goes out when the door closes!
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
            Ever shut your head in the fridge door trying to see if the light really goes out when you shut the door?
            yeah... why?
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

hi Ant i have a 96 ssrg intercooler like yours and have had the same problem only had it 4 days anyway when you open any of the surf doors the a light on the dash lights up to warn you, if the light does not come on when you open the tailgate the microswitch in the door latch is sticking undo it 3 10mm bolts spray madly with wd40 then lift back door handle up repeatedly spraying wd all the time this should free switch, light on dash will come on and rear interier light should be on with tailgate up then go off with door tailgate shut, if warning light on dash comes on when you open tailgate the problem is in the interior light assembly not the switch in th rear boot latch. hope this will be a help has your surf got a catalitic convertor fitted please let me know thanks paul

Hi folks,
              I baffled. The rear interior light (one in the boot) is a 3 position switch - off, door, on - like the front one. Yet it doesnt ever come on in the door position and I cannot see a switch on the rear tail gate. The wiring inside is all connected though in the unit.

Thanks

Ant

Comment

Originally posted by nottyhorror
                hi Ant i have a 96 ssrg intercooler like yours and have had the same problem only had it 4 days anyway when you open any of the surf doors the a light on the dash lights up to warn you, if the light does not come on when you open the tailgate the microswitch in the door latch is sticking undo it 3 10mm bolts spray madly with wd40 then lift back door handle up repeatedly spraying wd all the time this should free switch, light on dash will come on and rear interier light should be on with tailgate up then go off with door tailgate shut, if warning light on dash comes on when you open tailgate the problem is in the interior light assembly not the switch in th rear boot latch. hope this will be a help has your surf got a catalitic convertor fitted please let me know thanks paul
                Thanks people for the feedback My light doesnt work at the moment, got to pick up bulb holder for it today. I switched it with one I thought was more important for the SVA

When you say door latch, Im picturing the latch mechanism in the rear door, is this correct? So I need to remove the rear plastic panel to get in there and play?

Once she is back from SVA/MoT I will check this out.

Rgds and thanks

Ant
                Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

Thanks people for the feedback My light doesnt work at the moment, got to pick up bulb holder for it today. I switched it with one I thought was more important for the SVA

When you say door latch, Im picturing the latch mechanism in the rear door, is this correct? So I need to remove the rear plastic panel to get in there and play?

Once she is back from SVA/MoT I will check this out.

Rgds and thanks

Ant
                  when i say door latch i mean the actual part that locks back door to the floor you dont have to remove plastic trim just undo lock 3 10mm bolts on bottom of door i went the long way round and took back panel to bits you can do it that way lubricate back window gearing at same time just short out two wires attatched to door lock ,light should come on and light on dash then get squirting wd lifting door handle up and down at same time hopefully this should do trick

Comment

when i say door latch i mean the actual part that locks back door to the floor you dont have to remove plastic trim just undo lock 3 10mm bolts on bottom of door i went the long way round and took back panel to bits you can do it that way lubricate back window gearing at same time just short out two wires attatched to door lock ,light should come on and light on dash then get squirting wd lifting door handle up and down at same time hopefully this should do trick
                    better to use contact cleaner than WD40!
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

OK, I dont know that part of Surf well enough just yet and its off being SVA/Moted currently. Ill check it out when I get it back Thanks for the advice.

Rgds

Ant
                      Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                        better to use contact cleaner than WD40!
                        Agreed

Ant
                        Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                          you need to read terry waites book, he was moved round beruit in a big fridge, and he said the light definately goes out when the door closes!
                          And definately when you unplug it from the mains so that you can move it

Comment

Working...
                          X