electric arial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric arial

has anyone had to replace their eletric arial?

mine has just stopped working, the motor runs but it doesn't go up and down.

are they expensive or hard to change?

any info is greafully recieved

cheers

Hi,

Are you planning on using the car down Green lanes ?

If so just disconnect the power and have it as a manual - it saves having no sounds as you go through the greenery.

Trev (speaking from experience)
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

If you need a new mast they are available from the forum shop.

Comment

replace antenna

I just now replaced mine with a little rubber duck type (the old one got bent up when I put my wing in the bushes down a narrow road). It came from rough-trax, and is designed to be a roof mount. However it was pretty easy to fit on the wing, looks fine, and the reception is much better than the origional ever was, especialy on the DAB radio.

You need to pick up a big muguard washer (10mm hole in middle, at least 30mm accross) before you start. Mail if anyone wants step by step but is pretty obvious.

Comment

I have just ordered my complete power antenna assembly from my local Toyota dealer (part number 86300-35100) & plan to fit it on the weekend.

I realise that I have to remove the inner plastic wheel arch sh1t shield to get access to the motor. With regards to the cable that goes to the stereo does it disconnect at the motor end too? or is it just at the stereo end?

Has anyone done this job on a 3rd Gen? Do I have to remove the stereo to unplug the cable or do you think that access can be obtained by what looks like an easier option & that is by dropping the glove box assembly?

Many Thanks

Regards

Lewis

Comment

There is normaly enough arial cable to leave it hanging. You only need to take it out if you can't get all the old bits out. Otherwise, undo the nut on the top, power up the radio and it will feed itself out. Then get the new one in place, turn the radio off and feed it in to the hole.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              There is normaly enough arial cable to leave it hanging. You only need to take it out if you can't get all the old bits out. Otherwise, undo the nut on the top, power up the radio and it will feed itself out. Then get the new one in place, turn the radio off and feed it in to the hole.

I'm not just changing the mast, i'm replacing the complete assembly including the motor.

Tony, you have probably done a few of these!!!!

So what do you think about the glove box idea?

Comment

OK, sorry, you'll find the arial cable is fixed to the motor, and goes to the radio so it has to come out. You can 'sort of' reach the back of the radio with the glovebox out on 2nd gens, but to be honest the 3rd gen radio surrounds come off far easier than the 2nd gens anyway, so you'll not have to much trouble.

You'll might still need the glove box off though to get to the wire clips and hole through the inner wing.

Originally posted by lclascaris
                I'm not just changing the mast, i'm replacing the complete assembly including the motor.

Tony, you have probably done a few of these!!!!

So what do you think about the glove box idea?
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

you can get to the arial wire in the back of the stereo without taking it out just take the little plastic cover off were your right leg would be in the passenger foot well and it should just pull out.Like tony said you need to slide out the clove box just open it and sqeeze both sides and pull and it will drop down.The only other thing i can say is good luck your hands need to be the size of a maggots ball sack to undo the bolts and refit the new ones
                  Last edited by kiowa; 21 June 2007, 18:08.
                  I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Cheers chaps.

Thanks for your prompt replies.

Comment

Working...
                    X