speed censor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed censor

hi fellas any one know were the speed censor wires go to the gear box and what colour they are its a 1992 ssr-x auto
    any pictures would be handy
    cheers
    mick

Originally posted by mick19691
    hi fellas any one know were the speed censor wires go to the gear box and what colour they are its a 1992 ssr-x auto
    any pictures would be handy
    cheers
    mick
    Hi

Are you fitting a GPS systerm ??

Steve

Comment

speed censor

Originally posted by steve.keley
      Hi

Are you fitting a GPS systerm ??

Steve
      no mate just need to no cos electronic speedo not working
      cheers
      mick

Comment

speedo not working

Hi mick, just fitted new speedo senser on my 93 surf as speedo stopped but alas still no go. wandered what your outcome was , cheers.

Comment

speed censor

Originally posted by belly b
          Hi mick, just fitted new speedo senser on my 93 surf as speedo stopped but alas still no go. wandered what your outcome was , cheers.
          hi there mate still had no luck with mine but been told by a mate of mine that had the same problem with his imported isuzi it turn out to be dry solder joints on the instrument panel he resoldered all the joints and its working fine so im going to do the same with mine see if it works mybe yours is the same problem especially that you have replaced the censor
          cheers and good luck
          mick

Comment

same as

Originally posted by mick19691
            hi there mate still had no luck with mine but been told by a mate of mine that had the same problem with his imported isuzi it turn out to be dry solder joints on the instrument panel he resoldered all the joints and its working fine so im going to do the same with mine see if it works mybe yours is the same problem especially that you have replaced the censor
            cheers and good luck
            mick

cheers mate,yeah i ended with the same conclusion after trawling through the back list of speedo problems on the site. theres some useful stuff, even step by step diagrams , how to get to instrument panel.
            good luck as hard work tagging behind others through ******* speed cameras. Andy.

Comment

The speed sensor should be located at the back of the gearbox on the left hand side, it's up high on the side of the box and looks like a small black circular thingy with a plug on top with three wires and a single bolt holding it in. I just replaced mine bout a month ago ($590New Zealand from toyota ) after the speedo started randomly starting and stopping. I tried resoldering the joints on the back of the speedo, wiring harness etc first with no luck.

Comment

speed censor

Originally posted by Steve Letts
                The speed sensor should be located at the back of the gearbox on the left hand side, it's up high on the side of the box and looks like a small black circular thingy with a plug on top with three wires and a single bolt holding it in. I just replaced mine bout a month ago ($590New Zealand from toyota ) after the speedo started randomly starting and stopping. I tried resoldering the joints on the back of the speedo, wiring harness etc first with no luck.
                cheers mate ill have a look at the weekend
                thanks again
                mick

Comment

Working...
                X