I Need A New Stereo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need A New Stereo!

I want a new stereo in the car but there is a few problems. I have fitted a few stereos in previous cars but the set up in my import surf is beyond me. There is a CD player and a seperate tape and radio but it all looks like a combined unit. So my first question is, is my stereo all one unit or do they come out in two bits. Secondly I have looked at how to remove the stereo but that also looks strange. I dont want to take off parts that are unnecassary, so how do you get these things out. It would be nice to get another radio station except radio 2. (not that there is anything wrong with radio 2 of course) Any help would be great thanks.

have a search, there pictures and stuff here somewhere..
    basically u take the bottom half of the dash out to change it. not as bad as it sounds, and you will need a din sized box to fill the hole if your new one is a single din size. good news is the stereo bolts in so its bitch to steal!
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Hi

Have a look at thread http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=14003

there are links to two sites for advice on removing stereos
      http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/
      http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs...PDF/869017.pdf

Hope this helps.
      Mike
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Inveniam viam aut faciam" - S

Comment

Originally posted by PIP H
        I want a new stereo in the car but there is a few problems. I have fitted a few stereos in previous cars but the set up in my import surf is beyond me. There is a CD player and a seperate tape and radio but it all looks like a combined unit. So my first question is, is my stereo all one unit or do they come out in two bits. Secondly I have looked at how to remove the stereo but that also looks strange. I dont want to take off parts that are unnecassary, so how do you get these things out. It would be nice to get another radio station except radio 2. (not that there is anything wrong with radio 2 of course) Any help would be great thanks.
        If your only problem is you can only get Radio 2 then why not fit a band expander - they are available on this forum, Ebay and many car audio shops and usually just plug straight in to the ariel inlet + 12v feed.
        If your current stereo is an original/after market Jap one then the radio frequencies are different in Japan but the band expander will solve the problem. As long as the CD and Tape work OK then save yourself loads of money and grief.
        Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by PIP H
          Hi
          Just buy any UK CD (nettos have a mp3 player on offer for £50) player and also buy a universile single din pocket which will fit the other part and any good audio installer (NOT HALFORD'S )will fit it for you I charge about £35.00 for a mobile install but i only install in the Teesside area.

Steve
          Last edited by steve.keley; 12 June 2005, 02:09.

Comment

Working...
          X