Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r/c/l and alarm

hi all.
    just thought some of you might like to know that if your having an alarm fitted and your fitter tells you you need another central locking motor fitted then check under drivers seat to see if its had remote c/l fitted whilst in japan. all the alarm installers i spoke to said i would have to pay £50 or so for an extra motor as the c/l only worked of the drivers door. eventually RAM mobile agreed with me that if its had remote locking in the past then it doesnt need extra motor. my keys do have old broken remote buttons on so it was obvious it had been fitted in the past but if your keys show no sign then check under drivers seat, there may be a box a little bigger than a ciggy packet.if there is then you dont need extra motor.
    argue with the installer if you have to cos they just want ya money.
    happy surfing all
    Ian
    Ian

The surf doesnt need another motor as i'm aware.My Cobra alarm is fine as it supports negative switching..???
    3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

My COBRA alarm does central locking as well. There is a wire which comes off the drivers door under dash. Dont ask me which one as i didnt fit it
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Last time I looked in Maplins central locking motors were about £7-£8 each so how they justify £50 beats me.
        Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

When I had the alarm installed they didn't charge any extra, and mine didn't have remote central locking to start with. Was I being lucky, or were some companies trying to get extra money from yourself?
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick
            When I had the alarm installed they didn't charge any extra, and mine didn't have remote central locking to start with. Was I being lucky, or were some companies trying to get extra money from yourself?
            think thats exactly what they were trying to do mate
            Ian

Comment

Alarm/central locking

I had a Toad alarm fitted about a year ago.
              The fitter did a bang on job. Told me I might need a motor for the c/l but on fitting it didn't.
              (still have his number somewhere)

How can anybody live without central locking!!!

The only snag I have is that with my alarm is that it has a reset feature if you don't open a door. So when you disarm the alarm and wind down the back window from outside it re-sets after 1min and the alarm goes off.

Comment

alarm

Originally posted by SURFVIRGIN
                hi all.
                just thought some of you might like to know that if your having an alarm fitted and your fitter tells you you need another central locking motor fitted then check under drivers seat to see if its had remote c/l fitted whilst in japan. all the alarm installers i spoke to said i would have to pay £50 or so for an extra motor as the c/l only worked of the drivers door. eventually RAM mobile agreed with me that if its had remote locking in the past then it doesnt need extra motor. my keys do have old broken remote buttons on so it was obvious it had been fitted in the past but if your keys show no sign then check under drivers seat, there may be a box a little bigger than a ciggy packet.if there is then you dont need extra motor.
                argue with the installer if you have to cos they just want ya money.
                happy surfing all
                Ian
                wotcha mate been auto spark 17 years never needed to fit door motor in door if your willing to travel i will do your alarm if it works out 4 both us just got my surf and didnt need a motor there trying to rip you of what they quoted you

Comment

Originally posted by StevenN
                  I had a Toad alarm fitted about a year ago.
                  The fitter did a bang on job. Told me I might need a motor for the c/l but on fitting it didn't.
                  (still have his number somewhere)

How can anybody live without central locking!!!

The only snag I have is that with my alarm is that it has a reset feature if you don't open a door. So when you disarm the alarm and wind down the back window from outside it re-sets after 1min and the alarm goes off.
                  all cat 1s have to re-lock after a period of inactivity when no entrance to the vehicle as been made!!!
                  CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

I purchased a remote central locking kit on ebay for about £25 notes. Came with 4 door lock solenoids, which I don't think that I'll need. I just need to figure out how to patch the central locking unit into my existing cabling, but can't find an appropriate wiring diagram.

Anyone know which are the appropriate wires or where I can get a diagram from? My surf is a 3.0 TD 1993.

Hope someone can help. If they can I'll put pics on the forum so other can see how it's done.

Cheers,

Rob
                    Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Originally posted by ingers
                      wotcha mate been auto spark 17 years never needed to fit door motor in door if your willing to travel i will do your alarm if it works out 4 both us just got my surf and didnt need a motor there trying to rip you of what they quoted you
                      thanks for the offer mate but had it done at ram mobile in the end, £169 alarm/immobiliser r/c/l fitted. thatchem approved and no extra motor needed. thanks very much for offering tho. happy surfin
                      Ian

Comment

Working...
                      X