Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batteries

Anyone know the best battery size, ampage wise and price for the beastie??
    And anyone know of a place near SE9 I can get them??
    [SIZE=7]The Crafty Carper[/SIZE]

Originally posted by kevinse9
    Anyone know the best battery size, ampage wise and price for the beastie??
    And anyone know of a place near SE9 I can get them??
    I find halfords to be the best, they will give you some info too on which ones to buy.

Hope that helps.
    Mark

Comment

I got mine from batman

no really I did www.batmanuk.com

If you just want to replace it with a similar battery these guys were good and about 15 quid cheaper than halfords (that was 2 years ago)

Comment

most batterys have code on them, any shop will match this easily. Or go slightly bigger capacity, never a bad thing.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

The two most important specifications for me were
          As big as will fit in there
          Best price for the biggest
          At present I have two 550CCA units in there but will replace with 650+ ones when the time comes.
          Simon.O.
          '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

costco have some whacking great big batteries if you have a card to go there.
            usually made by Bosch
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I am really struggling to get 2 new batteries for my 92 Surf. Halfords say they cant get them, and Kwik Fit only have the one for the Pickup (yuk).
              Can anyone help I live in SE9 Sidcup/ Eltham area.???
              I have 12v 70a fitted at the moment, but bigger would be fine too.
              [SIZE=7]The Crafty Carper[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                most batterys have code on them, any shop will match this easily. Or go slightly bigger capacity, never a bad thing.
                ha - my batteries are unique then - totally nekkid with no codes - bless em
                Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Draig
                  ha - my batteries are unique then - totally nekkid with no codes - bless em
                  for those of you with two batteries remember when buying from supermarkets etc that they are a matched pair, ie one is has the + terminal on the right hand side and the other one has it on the left...surprised me when the guy told me as well ! I could see me coming home with a pair of batteries from aldi or lidl and finding the wires wouldnt fit !

i have just moved up to a pair of 70ah as they previous 50ah just werent up to it and they werent that old...

i got them from these guys : http://www.cpcbatteries.co.uk/ they know their stuff, think I paid around £60 each for em, not quite the right height so we emplyed a small block of wood to ensure the top brackeys help em tight...

Comment

Working...
                  X