relay?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• relay?????

can anyone tell me where i can access a tailgate window DOWN Relay from???
    or can anyone furnish me with a part number so i can try work some internet search magic and find one

thanks guys
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Originally posted by pops
    or can anyone furnish me with a part number so i can try work some internet search magic and find one

thanks guys
    Have a look at the attachment - there is some info on there that may be of help
    Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

thanks guys
      Pops, I've just bought a complete relay unit off ebay to try and fix my rear window which won't do down on the key. If it works, you can have the old unit out of mine which has a working up relay, you'll just need to unsolder/resolder it.

I won't know however until it turns up and I've had a chance to fit it.
      Last edited by Slugsie; 9 May 2005, 19:31.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
        Pops, I've just bought a complete relay unit off ebay to try and fix my rear window which won't do down on the key. If it works, you can have the old unit out of mine which has a working up relay, you'll just need to unsolder/resolder it.

I won't know however until it turns up and I've had a chance to fit it.
        cheers mate, pain of a job to get to it hey
        i can get i down (no rude comments ) by swapping the motor wires at the moment but once you put it up after loading the boot area hard to get to back to swap wires again.
        Pops

Comment

cheers mate, pain of a job to get to it hey
          i can get i down (no rude comments ) by swapping the motor wires at the moment but once you put it up after loading the boot area hard to get to back to swap wires again.
          I've not yet tried getting to the relay yet, still got that joy to come. Luckily my window works fully from the interior switch. Of course, that could mean that mine isn't a problem with the relay.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

I've not yet tried getting to the relay yet, still got that joy to come. Luckily my window works fully from the interior switch. Of course, that could mean that mine isn't a problem with the relay.
            check all your wiring connectors first mate could be that

i had go at getting to it yesterday but after doing all the other little jobs on the ole girl had to admit tempory defeat for a sit down and a beer
            Pops

Comment

check all your wiring connectors first mate could be that

i had go at getting to it yesterday but after doing all the other little jobs on the ole girl had to admit tempory defeat for a sit down and a beer
              I've checked everything I could inside the tailgate, and everything seems ok. It seems to me that it's either the relay or a break in the wire. Knowing how much a new relay box costs (saw a post somewhere quoting over £100), when I saw one on ebay for £20 I snapped it up.

Contemplating fixing cars over a beer or two is always a good move.
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

I've checked everything I could inside the tailgate, and everything seems ok. It seems to me that it's either the relay or a break in the wire. Knowing how much a new relay box costs (saw a post somewhere quoting over £100), when I saw one on ebay for £20 I snapped it up.

Contemplating fixing cars over a beer or two is always a good move.
                bargain my son
                Pops

Comment

Hi Pops,

Don't know who makes the relay but if its Omron, try

1 Bishop Square, Hatfield Business Park
                  Hatfield
                  Hertfordshire, AL10 9NE
                  United Kingdom
                  0870 750 5661
                  0870 750 5662
                  e-mail Omron UK

There Automotive range of plug-in relays is at :
                  http://www.europe.omron.com/uk_en/c...elector/Relays/
                  automotiverelays/plugin/

If that doesn't link you just try the europe.omron.com to enter there site & go from there.
                  [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/pub...ighlight=relay

follow the link for the right relay, bought mine from Maplin, and replaced it using the instructions Silversurfer attached above, a bit fiddly but only cost me £4 total.
                    Darren

Comment

Working...
                    X