Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof - motor works but doesn't open

Evening all,

The electric sunroof motor on my Surf can be heard working when you press the button, but the roof stays shut. Is there some form of cable linkage that's prone to breaking?

If so, how can I get access to this - I assume it means removing the interior headlining (and probably the seats and engine if the epic of removing the CD player was anything to go by... )

thanks
    James

Will it move manually at all?
    If you open the card holder in the roof you'll see an allen key hole which allows you to manually wind the sunroof.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick
      Will it move manually at all?
      If you open the card holder in the roof you'll see an allen key hole which allows you to manually wind the sunroof.
      Didn't know about that feature - I'll try it and see. Thanks.

Comment

There should be a screw and a washer or two to remove and a tool is usually provided in the Surf Tool Kit for this.I'd say the cables have broken.

Neville

Comment

The cables are actually a long screw type thingy, probably broken some teeth on them as they are only plastic. Think you can get new ones from Toyota however you have to take out the sunroof assembly to fit them, taking it out is the problem, once out you can replace the drive cables very quickly and easily.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X