Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Blue Halogen replacement lamps

Anybody tried 'em?

The lights are pretty poor on the Surf and wondered whether the different lamps (bulbs) would make a difference?

Rich.
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Originally posted by rich
    Anybody tried 'em?

The lights are pretty poor on the Surf and wondered whether the different lamps (bulbs) would make a difference?

Rich.

Hi Rich, lookad at ice blue in halfrauds but went for another with 30% extra bright. came to fit em and realised both batteries have got to come out etc, so its an around to it job at the min.

Let you know when i do

Steve
    Dave ssrx 3.0td Ltd auto Gen2

Comment

Originally posted by ssrx
      Hi Rich, lookad at ice blue in halfrauds but went for another with 30% extra bright. came to fit em and realised both batteries have got to come out etc, so its an around to it job at the min.

Let you know when i do

Steve
      Steve,

The reason I am planning to do it was because I am changing the batteries!

What were the make that you went for??

Rich.

Comment

used in my pulsar give alot whiter light and seem to pick out detail better feel brighter but that could be down to the extra detail

on the whole very happy
        [img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/tiere/animal-smiley-022.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/tiere/animal-smiley-022.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/auto/car-smiley-006.gif[/img] [b][color=red]Anyone for [u]fluffy[/u] wheeltrims[/color][/b]

Comment

didnt put the blues on but did try the bright whites and they are very good
          so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

I've got the Halfords All weather ones, did have the Halfords Bright white ones in and they were good. I did also try the Blue ones but my daughter has them now - OK but not as good as the bright white ones.

Cheers

Comment

Steve,

The reason I am planning to do it was because I am changing the batteries!

What were the make that you went for??

Rich.

using the halfords own brand @ 9.99 each

Steve
              Dave ssrx 3.0td Ltd auto Gen2

Comment

Thanks to all for replies. I went for the Phillips white in the end which claim to be upto 50% brighter.

I'll let you all know how I get on.

RIch.

Comment

Anybody tried 'em?

Rich.
                  hey buddy,
                  just a thought, when you lifted the back end did you tilt the lights to compensate?? otherwise they'll be pointing down and will be ****e!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Nah mate,

Lifted the front to compensate and anyway I have that much in the back they are up in the air even with the lift

I have replaced them with the Phillips and they are much better. The old ones were that dim I think they were past their best anyway.
                    So it will be difficult to give a comparison.

Either way I am happy 'cause I can see where I am going now

Originally posted by dabigman
                    hey buddy,
                    just a thought, when you lifted the back end did you tilt the lights to compensate?? otherwise they'll be pointing down and will be ****e!

Comment

Are the bulbs standard H4's for a 92 LN130? I've seen some nice bright white ones, 7000k, but I'm not ordering till I'm sure they are the right ones for the job.
                      Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
                        Are the bulbs standard H4's for a 92 LN130? I've seen some nice bright white ones, 7000k, but I'm not ordering till I'm sure they are the right ones for the job.
                        Pete
                        I am pretty sure that they arew H4's. They certainly were in mine and I think that the older vehicles had the same headlights but were recessed a bit more.

Rich.

Comment

Working...
                        X