Radio Frequency expander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Frequency expander

Had the Surf a Day and was told that before picking it up a frequency expander would be fitted, but on FM all I get is Terry F...in Wogan !!
    No Radio 1 etc I'm getting Mark and Lard withdrawel symptoms !!
    The frequency is not going above 89 ish... has it been done.... or have I ????
    [COLOR=yellow]Ditch[/COLOR]
    3.0 L SSRX Ltd Manual 1994 (MINE)
    2.4 L SSRX 1993 Manual (hers)

Originally posted by Ditch
    Had the Surf a Day and was told that before picking it up a frequency expander would be fitted, but on FM all I get is Terry F...in Wogan !!
    the frequency will not show above 89.9 but you should be able to get stations higher than that, better off fitting uk one
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Even with the expander the dial on the radio will still only show the jap range od frequencys, ie does not accuratly reflect the actual frequency being recieved.

These are generally considered fairly useless at best, can't see the actual frequency being recieved and deliver a poor quality signal with resultant poor tuning ability and often poor sound quality.

Best advice ? Save up for a replacement euro spec stereo.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

fit a sony disc player, as the jap import radios are useless over here

Comment

Originally posted by brainsurgeon
          fit a sony disc player, as the jap import radios are useless over here
          The Cd player works ( on and off ) .... (spits 'em out more often than not ) .. gotta figure that one out, tried cleaning it but no use yet.
          Plays recordables aswell ( which is highly surprising ) as it is a Toyota unit, and I would think it may be an original one.
          Anyway, might as well plug in the Blauplunkt from trhe old Peugeot instead, use that as the radio instead.
          [COLOR=yellow]Ditch[/COLOR]
          3.0 L SSRX Ltd Manual 1994 (MINE)
          2.4 L SSRX 1993 Manual (hers)

Comment

The Cd player works ( on and off ) .... (spits 'em out more often than not ) .. gotta figure that one out, tried cleaning it but no use yet.
            Plays recordables aswell ( which is highly surprising ) as it is a Toyota unit, and I would think it may be an original one.
            Anyway, might as well plug in the Blauplunkt from trhe old Peugeot instead, use that as the radio instead.

Yep band expanders about much use as a chocolate tea pot, fit uk radio/cd.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

just fitted expander

I am by no means clever when it comes to motors but i`ve just fitted a raio frequency expander and it works sweet as a nut.no idea what station i`m on untill they mention it but f**kit who cares if it sounds good it is good!
              Last edited by Koi; 31 August 2003, 23:41.

Comment

Mark & Lard withdrawal symptoms??? I wish their collective Fathers had suffered from withdrawal symptoms!! I've never heard such childish and crude crap coming out of the mouths of anyone over the age of 14. Between them and that foul mouthed Sara Cox, I think that Radio 1 is now aimed at the lowest common denominator. Don't get me wrong this is just my personal opinion, and if it rings you bell go for it. I just don't find them as funny as they obviously find themselves. It doesn't mean I'm an old fuddy duddy [Does it??]

[I'm in trouble now, better get my coat]

John
                http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

Do yourself a favour the expanders are crap ditch the radio and get one the receive properly without having to sit under the transmitter....
                  Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Mine has the original Toyota CD/Radio/Cassette thing in it. I've figured out that the dealer fitted a freq converter without telling me but I've had no probs with reception so far. The thing seems pretty good over all, gonna keep it. If I only had a working power aerial I might be able to listen to the radio

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Surfer
                      Mark & Lard withdrawal symptoms??? I wish their collective Fathers had suffered from withdrawal symptoms!! I've never heard such childish and crude crap coming out of the mouths of anyone over the age of 14. Between them and that foul mouthed Sara Cox, I think that Radio 1 is now aimed at the lowest common denominator. Don't get me wrong this is just my personal opinion, and if it rings you bell go for it. I just don't find them as funny as they obviously find themselves. It doesn't mean I'm an old fuddy duddy [Does it??]

[I'm in trouble now, better get my coat]

John
                      no your not radio 1,s not been any good since mike read & simon bates left gem am for me
                      [size=5][/size]
                      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
                        no your not radio 1,s not been any good since mike read & simon bates left gem am for me
                        and Steve Wright in the afternoon, Mr Angry.
                        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                        My choice
                        Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                          and Steve Wright in the afternoon, Mr Angry.
                          Hey Koi - did you do that on purpose? Check the time and date of last post!!

Clever..
                          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                            Hey Koi - did you do that on purpose? Check the time and date of last post!!

Clever..
                            he had to before he changed into a pumpkin
                            [size=5][/size]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
                              he had to before he changed into a pumpkin
                              Ha Ha Ha...

My turn to be Cinders now - nite all!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X