Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key Fob Locking

Hi Sparkies

Some time ago I had central locking on my Surf via key fob.
    1. First it started to play up.
    2. Replaced first battery. ok working.
    3. Then it packed up again. In all I replaced three batteries.
    4. Then gave up for the time being.

The next thing that happened was that the key fell apart in the street, so I have lost most of the key.
    Q1. Where is the sensor for the key located on the surf.
    Q2. Where is the best place to get a new key from.
    Q3. I have the key number. Dose this correspond to the electric side of the locking as well.
    I did read a thread where someone bought 2 keys very cheap but can not find it. I now have my doubts as to the key being at fault ?.If anyone has any suggestions on this issue I would be very glad of them.

Thanks all
    Rubblebags.
    Rubblebags (Geoff).

Originally posted by rubblebags
    Hi Sparkies

The next thing that happened was that the key fell apart in the street, so I have lost most of the key.
    Q3. I have the key number. Dose this correspond to the electric side of the locking as well.
    I did read a thread where someone bought 2 keys very cheap but can not find it. I now have my doubts as to the key being at fault ?.If anyone has any suggestions on this issue I would be very glad of them.

Thanks all
    Rubblebags.
    Rubblebags.

I think you will probably need to get it from Toyota, however a good car alarm shop may be able to get key fobs for it as it probably is made by someone else rather than Toyota.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks Lucky

For advice and not rucking me for posting the wrong Section.

Rubblebags.
      Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Ans-1, It's the small black box under the drivers seat .

Comment

Originally posted by rubblebags
          Hi Sparkies

Thanks all
          Rubblebags.
          Man what a snob you are rubblebags !!!!!.
          I have to use the old way using the key manualy !!!!.
          Have a look at this link they say they can replace any make of key fob !!!!, hope it helps ???.
          http://www.carsecurity1.co.uk/keyfobs.htm
          [size=4][color=#00ffff]SSR-X 1996 3.0 TD !!! ESSEX BOY'S RULE !!!!!![/color][/size]

Comment

Originally posted by Warduke
            Man what a snob you are rubblebags !!!!!.
            I have to use the old way using the key manualy !!!!.
            Have a look at this link they say they can replace any make of key fob !!!!, hope it helps ???.
            http://www.carsecurity1.co.uk/keyfobs.htm

Yeah. It used to be allright. Picture this: 20 month old son under one arm changing bag over shoulder teddy bear under other arm. Me shouting at my 5 year old girl to get her self out of the car and on to the pavement. So I can lock the doors and get me and the boy out of the road. ARD WORK mate.

Thanks for the link will give it a look. allso thanks Andy.

Rubblebags ( Geoff ).
            Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

OK, I'm confused now and intrigued!!

Does the surf have remote central locking as standard then?! Mine only came with one key that doesn't look like an original one anyway - I haven't had a car without remote locking for 10 years and am missing it sorely!!

It's a '92 SSR-X if that helps.....

I'm gonna have to go and have a look under the driver seat now.....
              Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              "You Sir are drunk!"
              "Ahh yes Madam, but you are ugly and in the morning I shall be sober."

Comment

Rob

My latest surf is a 95 SSR-X Ltd , and that doesn't have the box under the seat for central locking , a very nice spec motor and they dont fit it , or the other thing is it could have been nicked .

Comment

Robster,
                  I have a 92 ssrx. I have central locking when using the key.
                  Got a Toad alarm fitted now which works the central locking through the key fob, it cost £250, besides the insurance asked for a CAT 1 to be fitted and it brought my premium down.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
                    Robster,
                    I have a 92 ssrx. I have central locking when using the key.
                    Got a Toad alarm fitted now which works the central locking through the key fob, it cost £250, besides the insurance asked for a CAT 1 to be fitted and it brought my premium down.
                    My Surf only had central locking with a key, however I fitted a cobra remote unit on it which cost £89 and took me about an hour to fit.

Cheers

Comment

OK cool, cheers chaps - as long as I'm not missing out on any gadgets!!

I need to get an alarm fitted anyway, so that'll sort that one out when I get round to it.
                      Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
                      "You Sir are drunk!"
                      "Ahh yes Madam, but you are ugly and in the morning I shall be sober."

Comment

Rob,

I also got a CAT 1 alarm fitted, Tesco happy (insurence), Im happy (remote CL plus Surf well secure) and only cost £210 fitted.

Rab
                        Rabbie

"Blossom" she's a 93 2.4td SSRX & we luv her, cost a fortune but we still luv her

Comment

Working...
                        X