Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed - Immobiliser connection to Door pin switch

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to fit a Thatcham Cat II Toad Powerkey to my beloved Surf. Having already fitted two touchkey systems to other cars I thought this would be a doddle. However....

The Powerkey system comes with a single wire that is to be connected to the driver's side door pin switch. The instructions don't say which side of the switch or anything.

Anyone got any ideas??

Rob
    Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Originally posted by nednil
    Hi Guys,

I'm trying to fit a Thatcham Cat II Toad Powerkey to my beloved Surf. Having already fitted two touchkey systems to other cars I thought this would be a doddle. However....

The Powerkey system comes with a single wire that is to be connected to the driver's side door pin switch. The instructions don't say which side of the switch or anything.

Anyone got any ideas??

Rob

errrm try it and if it doesnt work you put it on the wrong one... failing that - PANIC!!!!
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Give me the Numpty Award!!!

Thanks Tim,

I think I did the opposite of your suggestion. I paniced first and then...

OK took the switch off and figured it out! The pin switch only has one wire. When the door opens a spring loaded mechanism forms an earth and, hey presto we have light! Close the door again and the circuit is broken.

Also dilema over - no choices to make only one wire.

Rob
      Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Genious me

Glad you got it sorted mate.
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
        X