Wiring In A Rear Fog Lamp, Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring In A Rear Fog Lamp, Help!

My rear fog light has stopped working and the MOT is looming, ooer!

The reason it isn't working is that it was wired from the turbo timer which has never worked since the immobiliser was fitted.

Now, I have all the gubbins, relay, wires, in-line fuse etc to do the job properly but there are so many wires under the dash, which have all been beautifully taped up by the immobiliser fitters that I am having a hard time seeing what's what.

Can anyone tell me what colour the dipped headlight wire from the switch is so that I can take a feed via a scotchblock to the relay? Plan A was to run a wire to the battery for the main feed via an in-line fuse holder but space is so tight under the dash that I can't see any grommets to run the wire thru to under the bonnet. Anyone know if there is a suitable live feed I can use under the dash without blowing a fuse on the system? If so, what colour?

Thanks,

Mark.
    Last edited by Flannelmeister; 18 April 2005, 15:39.
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=White]You can't have everything. Where would you put it?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Originally posted by Flannelmeister
    My rear fog light has stopped working and the MOT is looming, ooer!

The reason it isn't working is that it was wired from the turbo timer which has never worked since the immobiliser was fitted.

Now, I have all the gubbins, relay, wires, in-line fuse etc to do the job properly but there are so many wires under the dash, which have all been beautifully taped up by the immobiliser fitters that I am having a hard time seeing what's what.

Can anyone tell me what colour the dipped headlight wire from the switch is so that I can take a feed via a scotchblock to the relay? Plan A was to run a wire to the battery for the main feed via an in-line fuse holder but space is so tight under the dash that I can't see any grommets to run the wire thru to under the bonnet. Anyone know if there is a suitable live feed I can use under the dash without blowing a fuse on the system? If so, what colour?

Thanks,

Mark.
    Check the attached wiring diagram - it shows the rear foglight and the wiring colours etc. If you are just going to lob in a fog light it needs to be wired so that it will only come on with the side/headlights.
    Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Working...
    X