Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Central Locking Disabled

Hi

I just bought a 96 3.0 TD Surf. The car has central locking which works using the key in the lock but not using the buttons on the key.

The dealer said this was due to it being deactivated during the SVA test? Is this correct - can be reactivated? There's a little security light on the dashboard - what this for?

Cheers

Vincent - Newbie Surfer!

If this is true then they forgot to deactivate mine........

Afterthought, have a look at the black box under the drivers seat and check that the wires have not come loose. I believe that this is the box for the remote central locking.....
    Last edited by bell end billy; 17 April 2005, 11:36.

Comment

Hi Vincent may be a silly question,but have you checked the battery in the KEY?
      Martyn

Comment

Originally posted by bell end billy
        If this is true then they forgot to deactivate mine........

Afterthought, have a look at the black box under the drivers seat and check that the wires have not come loose. I believe that this is the box for the remote central locking.....
        Hi thanks - I'm not collecting until saturday - but he told me that box was the ECU?

Cheers

Vincent

Comment

Originally posted by trimman
          Martyn
          Cheers - I will do - but I'm not collecting it til saturday and that what the dealer told me.

Vincent

Comment

tell him you don't want it till it's fixed!... he's bull$hitting you!

and the box is definately under the seat.
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by trimman
              Martyn
              Hi Martyn

As it turns out you were right!!! But accroding to the dvla website it does state that radio based security systems operating outside of certain frequencies are nor permitted and must be disabled.

Thanks again!

Vincent

Radio Activated Security Systems (RASS)
              If your vehicle has a radio-activated immobiliser, alarm or central locking, only radio frequencies within the following ranges must be used in the UK:

417.90 - 418.10 MHz (until Jan 2008);

433.05 - 434.79 MHz; 868.00 - 868.60 MHz, 868.70 - 869.20 MHz and 869.70 - 870.00 MHz

Systems using other frequencies are unlawful. The maximum penalty for non-compliance is a fine of up to £5000 and/or 6 months imprisonment. In practical terms, you run the risk that you will not be able to arm or disarm the vehicle security system due to other signals on the same frequency interfering with your key-fob transmitter. If in doubt, you should check with the vehicle or security system manufacturer what frequency is used and replace the system if necessary. Type-approved devices are readily available as 'after-market' accessories. They will be marked to show they meet either European Directive 95/56/EEC or UN/ECE Regulation 97. Other systems might be acceptable: if in doubt, please check with the system manufacturer whether the Enhanced SVA requirements are met. We recommend replacement systems be fitted by a professional installer.

Please Note: The RASS technical requirements will be checked as part of the Enhanced SVA inspection for vehicles manufactured after 1 October 1998. The ESVA test does NOT recognise systems operating between 417.9 and 418.1 MHz.

Comment

Working...
              X