Rear window up & no down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window up & no down

got a 94 ssr v rear window goes up no problem but will not go down from key or switch

First take off the trim from the rear door and check nothing is jamming it, and check the wires to the motor. If you reverse the two wires, see if it goes down and not up, if so, the motor and mechanics are OK. Once you've got the window down you can check the wiring near the door hinge, there is a big multi plug here that can get corroded. If all the wiring is OK, its probably a relay in the rear window ECU, its behind the rear pocket in the back on the drivers side.

Either get a used ECU or pull the cover off and attack it with a soldering iron, they has been repaired successfully if you can get the replacement relay and isolate which one it is. I've not do one myself, so can't help with repair info, but its been covered on here before.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by thursosurf
      got a 94 ssr v rear window goes up no problem but will not go down from key or switch
      Have a look at the below attachment - it may be of help
      Attached Files
      Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

This may or may not be of help, but mine goes up but wont go down. Its a '93 SSR-V and I only bought it yesterday. You can hear the moter going but the window doesnt more untill you start the glass moving, then it goes but stops. If you keep pushing the glass, it will go all the way down. Stripped it all down and found the gear on the motor is knackered - nead to replace motor, not mechanism.

Comment

Working...
        X