Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircon

Hi all
    my aircon light (in middle of button used to turn aircon on) has started to flash. It used to be on constantly but now flashes ? The air coming out is still cold. it only started to do this two days ago on a very hot day (living in Australia).

Any ideas ? Does it mean anything ?

91 2.4td 170,000km

Thanks
    Chris

I'd only be guessing, but it may be a low gas pressure warning. My light stopped working altogether & the air wasn't cold, I traced that back to a blown fuse behind the glovebox.
    When you say, "flash" , is it a regular flash? fast or slow?

Where in Oz are you?
    91 SSR ltd 2.4td Wine over grey. Currently on head #2.
    89 Mazda MX6 2.2 lt turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisykn850
      Hi all
      my aircon light (in middle of button used to turn aircon on) has started to flash. It used to be on constantly but now flashes ? The air coming out is still cold. it only started to do this two days ago on a very hot day (living in Australia).

91 2.4td 170,000km

Thanks
      Chris
      I have the same problem. When I turn my air-con on the light comes on for about 10 secs then starts flashing. I have also found that as soon as I turn it on the clutch on the air -con compressor engauges but then disengauges which is when the light starts flashing.mine is being looked at next week by the garage i got it from so as soon as I find out what the prob is I shall let you know.
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Me too!

Originally posted by chrisykn850
        Hi all

91 2.4td 170,000km

Thanks
        Chris
        i Have the same on my '91 SSR Ltd. Don't know what it is but thought I'd offer my support. Seems a common thing, we should all stick together.

Comment

Oh No Mee too !

ANyone got any answers to this , do I need a re gas ?

I remember seeing a thread on this , but did a search and couldn't find it ...

Recomended places to do it if it is a re gas ?

Cheers
          http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

Comment

Right peps
            The air con light comes on then after 10 seconds starts flashing.
            This is what was happening to me. I did ask but no one had any information.
            The aircon motor was engauging and kicking out after 10 seconds. (the light flashes).
            I droped the aircon rad and fans and this is what I found. The fan shroud was blocked solid along with the rad. It took me two and a half hours to clean it and free the fans. This was due to my not cleaning the aircon set up after off roading. It is not posible to just jet wash them from above successfully. There is no way out of the shroud for the mud/sluge.

My aircon is now working again.

Geoff
            Attached Files
            Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Originally posted by rubblebags
              Right peps
              The aircon motor was engauging and kicking out after 10 seconds. (the light flashes).
              I droped the aircon rad and fans and this is what I found. The fan shroud was blocked solid along with the rad. It took me two and a half hours to clean it and free the fans. This was due to my not cleaning the aircon set up after off roading. It is not posible to just jet wash them from above successfully. There is no way out of the shroud for the mud/sluge.

Geoff
              no wonder it didnt work
              [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
              [size=5][/size]
              [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by rubblebags
                Right peps

Geoff
                You just 'dropped the aircon rad' did you? Sounds easy but can you do this without de-gassing the system. Does yours have flexible hoses 'cos mine look fixed. Any ideas?

Comment

dont disconnect the aircon pipes you can unbolt & move bits out of the way for maintenance
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                    dont disconnect the aircon pipes you can unbolt & move bits out of the way for maintenance
                    Yep thats right just use a little care and all should be ok.
                    Best of luck
                    Geoff
                    Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Working...
                    X