need some advice !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some advice !

If there is anybody out there with auto-elec knowledge I would appreciate some advice. I want to install microscan 3000 remote locking and have searched the site for help with installation, but nothing specific enough as I am a complete novice when it comes to auto electrics. I want to wire it staight into the door locking switch. I have got as far as taking the door panel off, getting the switch console out, but from this point not sure how to connect into correct wires or how to tell which wires are which. I have downloaded the wiring diagram for this but it might as well be in Martian! So, if anyone can help I'd be grateful.
    PS. Had the Surf for 4 months and still smiling.
    Cheers, Ron :

Well I m no expert but I did wire up my remote locking about 3 weeks ago and it is still working (touch wood) I wired it in to the button on the door the same as you, there was no great science to it.
    I took of the plastic cover which covers the metal strips going to the multiplug and I think it was the two middle wires that were for the locking switch if you get a fused test lamp with it connected to earth and touch each one in turn it will lock and unlock the doors.
    All you have to do is connect in to them, but remember when you try out the remote you have to have the other wires coming from the new control box connected to the approriate wires which are going back to the box so it completes the circut when you try it out.
    If any one knows a better way to describe it feel free please.
    Chas

Comment

remote locking

Thanks for your help chas, I,ll give it a go today.
      Ron

Comment

Working...
      X