Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake lights not working

Hi
    I have tried the bulbs they are ok, tried all the fuses under bonnet. But none indicating they where for the brakes but they are ok anyway, had a quick look at the switch near the peddle nothing obvious, any ideas where the correct fuse is, or any ideas why both lights would stop working together.
    Thanks
    Chris
    G reg 2.4
    Regards
    Chris

Have you looked at the fuse box near your right foot kick plate.

Comment

Have you tested the switch? see if its got 12v to one terminal, then test it manually or just connect the wires together.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

thanks

Hi Thanks for the advice, I will be unable to check until Saturday but weather permitting (I do live on Anglesey 2nd most rainest place I know) thats my weekend sorted.

Chris
        G reg 2.4
        Regards
        Chris

Comment

Same but worse!

I have the same problem, not only have the brake lights both stopped working but the button on the top of the Auto Gear Shift will not depress and allow movement into any gear. I can get it into gear by using the little red button, but still have no brake lights.

Are these problems connected and not just coincidental after all you have to have a foot on the brake pedal normally to shift into gear on the autobox

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Tony

Comment

I think I read a thread sometime last year where someone couldn't get out of park unless they pressed the red button, and I think it was something to do with the brake switch. If you do a search you may find the answer, if not shout at TonyN, as I think he was the author of the reply (he seams to know everything you need anyway).
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

In normal operation when braking while stationary i can hear a relay CLICK somewhere as you can only come out of park when brakes are depressed.
              I think this may have something to do with it.
              Im high on paint fumes due to decorating so if im wrong thats my excuse
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Kingston
                I have the same problem, not only have the brake lights both stopped working but the button on the top of the Auto Gear Shift will not depress and allow movement into any gear. I can get it into gear by using the little red button, but still have no brake lights.

Are these problems connected and not just coincidental after all you have to have a foot on the brake pedal normally to shift into gear on the autobox

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Tony
                These problems are indeed related. It will be the 15A fuse in the fusebox by your right foot. Replace the fuse and all should be well. If you have a towbar and electrics fitted, check inside the plug for salt water deposits, as it creates an almost dead short.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

All sorted now or should that be shorted???

Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for the fast responses.

No brakes lights ....just what I needed at 6.30 on a Sunday evening.

As suggested in the last post a short in the towing socket was causing fuse failure.

After I replaced the fuse the first time and didn't even consider that it could have blown again.

Still getting lots of practice in with me phillips screwdriver and 10mm socket as I examined the brakelight switch again.

Still all sorted now, thanks again.

Sorry forgot to mention its a 1990 LN130 2.4 in Grey.

Comment

Working...
                  X