door electrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door electrics

if anyone is interested last week found reason for gremlins in electrics the loom from door to a post over half of the wires were broken or on thier last strands after patching them up both mirrors now work all windows are now quicker operating door light,window & dooor lock all work proply now. all thanxs to mr insurance man ordering me to get an immobilizzer fitted.!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Originally posted by john.sally
    if anyone is interested last week found reason for gremlins in electrics the loom from door to a post over half of the wires were broken or on thier last strands after patching them up both mirrors now work all windows are now quicker operating door light,window & dooor lock all work proply now. all thanxs to mr insurance man ordering me to get an immobilizzer fitted.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm, my drivers side window has started to work at half the speed it used to, I need to check these wires. Where were yours broken exactly?
    cheers,
    Vince.

Comment

same for me! as I have a dodgy connection in my central locking motor, works 1 in 50 times! Pain as it is remote but I still have to use the key.
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I've been meaning to delve into my door controls for some time. Mine does the irritating, "No matter that you only want the window open an inch - I am going all the way down," trick.

It's not too bad when poodling about town but at 70MPH on a cold wet night, er, no thanks.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

[QUOTE=kitesurf_phil] "No matter that you only want the window open an inch - I am going all the way down," trick.QUOTE]

lol
          Mine does the same if you find the fault let me know
          Thanks
          Mark

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
            This must a relatively common problem in Surfs- since the same thing hapened to me. All the windows worked except from the master control. Fault was a broken wire in the drivers door loom at the point of most flexing. Easy fix but annoying to trace.

Nevillef

Comment

Working...
            X