Front speaker dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front speaker dimensions

I'd like to have a look round to see what else fits in the front under dash soeaker positions on the Surf. Does anyone know what the mounting hole pitch is on the standard units? Assuming there are 4 spaced equally, what is the measurement across a diagonal pair. Will be easier to measure in Halfrauds that way!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

speakers

I think you'll find standard 100mm 4 " speakers will fir. I changed mine recently.
    Bought them from Halfords, they went straight in, no prob

Comment

I put KENWOOD DUAL CONE speakers, 100mm from HALFORDS they go straight in.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

What model did you buy Vin?
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I put some 4" sony explod 3 way speakers in. Sounds ok.
          Mr. Fish
          Very annoyed about some little S**t Keying my Surf.

Comment

Cant remember

Im sure they were either Kenwood or Sony Dual Cone and I changed the two in the rear panels below the side windows, there is a built in AMP by each speaker but mine didnt work so I by passed it. I do need a decent Woofer though

Comment

Originally posted by Vin
              Im sure they were either Kenwood or Sony Dual Cone and I changed the two in the rear panels below the side windows, there is a built in AMP by each speaker but mine didnt work so I by passed it. I do need a decent Woofer though
              You'll be after a dog guard too then!
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

I put kenwood componets in the front of mine with the tweeters on the dash, 6x9 in back and sub in cargo area. Ask Audio Vision of Sandiacre in Nottingham, there real good at this suff
                3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                  I'd like to have a look round to see what else fits in the front under dash soeaker positions on the Surf. Does anyone know what the mounting hole pitch is on the standard units? Assuming there are 4 spaced equally, what is the measurement across a diagonal pair. Will be easier to measure in Halfrauds that way!
                  The standard speakers are standard 100mm pcd. BUT they are sub-mounted in white plastic resonator boxes, so if you were handy, you could perhaps dispense with the resonators and fit larger or eliptical ones. Probably quite fiddly though. Most (all??) people stick with the 100mm ones - but there is a wide variety of course.

Cheers

Kev

Comment

Working...
                  X