Front diff switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front diff switch

There is an electrical switch on the bottom of the front axle diff - mine is broken. What does it do?
    Last edited by ldnmustard; 21 January 2005, 01:22.

Originally posted by ldnmustard
    There is an electrical switch on the bottom of the front axle diff - mine is broken. What does it do?
    Its probably the switch that turns the 4WD light on - try putting it in 4WD and see if the dash shows a light
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
      Its probably the switch that turns the 4WD light on - try putting it in 4WD and see if the dash shows a light
      The dashboard light comes on no problem when in 4WD. The switch on the bottom of the axle is well smashed so must do something else, but what?!
      Last edited by ldnmustard; 21 January 2005, 01:28.

Comment

Originally posted by ldnmustard
        The dashboard light comes on no problem when in 4WD. The switch on the bottom of the axle is well smashed so must do something else, but what?!
        It could be stuck on. Sounds like the ADD indicator switch like Linda said. Is it near where the pic shows?

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

It turned out that the small switch that was broken on the very bottom of my
          front differential was an oil temp sensor that assists the 4 wheel drive in
          some strange fashion. The only dealer who could get one for me was a
          Toyota dealer for the absolutely horrendous price of £59.57. So if you’ve
          broken yours and think you need one, unless you keep your Hilux in 4
          wheel drive for long periods of time take my advice and don’t bother to get
          one - my Hilux has worked in both 2 and 4 wheel drive with no problems
          whatsoever for the last 3 months without one so I’m assuming yours will as
          well.

Comment

Don't quote me on this but I remember reading somewhere that this switch will prevent 4WD from operating if oil temp is too high.

Neville

Comment

Working...
            X