Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaker problem + help

hello all.
    just replaced front speakers on my 94 v6 4runner .i noticed that the rear speakers in the side pannels work fine when the radio is on but when i switch to cd they turn of,so i can only hear the fronts and the top rear tweeters, this sound horrible. please help.

also . is it worth changing the 4 rear speakers for aftermarket jobbies, if so wot sizes are they

the cables are all in for a sub/amp ,but not sure which way to go with all these speakers

wot should i do ???????????????

rear speakers

I replace the rear speakers on my 94 Surf, there is a built in Amp in the rear by each speaker.Bypass the amp and connect straibht into your rear speakers, this should help.

Regards
    Rob

Comment

You need to pull you head unit out and wire the electric aerial feed to the remote turn on lead.

the amps in the back are turned on by a signal from the radio, usually the electric aerial feed, but I'm guessing your aerial goes down after you change to cd.
      There will be a couple of blue wires, possibly with a trace coloue, coming out the back of the head unit, use a multimeter to work out which ones supplies 12v when cd or radio is powered up, then connect your aerial feed to this one. The downside to this is that you aerial will be up all the time your radio is on. This is a problem for some people, but I find it OK.
      Charlie Don't Surf..http://static.photobox.co.uk/public/...10805138.s.jpg

Comment

try looking for either a extra blue or orange wire labelled remote ,it the wire you use on amps remote and is always live when the stereo is on ie radio or cd

Comment

i dont know what head unit you have but on mine i just have to press the AF button and the rear speakers come on thats on a sony unit

Comment

Originally posted by cuz 62
            i dont know what head unit you have but on mine i just have to press the AF button and the rear speakers come on thats on a sony unit
            Same here took me ages to discover that one.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

its all sorted

thanks for all your help

the problem was electric aerial output feeding the rear speakers after all.

it now sounds so much better after changing the fronts and adding a

jbl amplified base box ,next job is replace the rear speakers for some

6x9 components ,

Comment

Working...
              X