Subwoofer size...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subwoofer size...?

Hi all, im just wondering what size subs you guys/girls are running? Im starting to look at buying new sub/amp and was going to do a custom build but decided against it now. Will a single 10" sound lost for example in such a big interior?
    The only thing I have for reference is my old set-up - 12" Rockford Fosgate in a sealed box with some shabby no brand amp running it but im now thinking I got no parcel shelf etc getting in the way so a 12" might be really good?
    I will use a sealed box but not sure what size/number of subs to use.
    Also, any room for amps under the rear seats or behind the rear trim where the rear speakers are?

Thanks in advance
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Originally posted by dirtydog
    Hi all, im just wondering what size subs you guys/girls are running? Im starting to look at buying new sub/amp and was going to do a custom build but decided against it now. Will a single 10" sound lost for example in such a big interior?
    The only thing I have for reference is my old set-up - 12" Rockford Fosgate in a sealed box with some shabby no brand amp running it but im now thinking I got no parcel shelf etc getting in the way so a 12" might be really good?
    Also, any room for amps under the rear seats or behind the rear trim where the rear speakers are?

Thanks in advance
    It's a car not a nightclub
    I'm running the following
    Sony Single CD Head unit
    Alpine T300 amp - bridged to power sub
    Alpine F250 amp - powers all speakers inc rear tweeters
    10" Jensen sub (it was a freebie)
    I left all the original Toyota speakers in but added better wiring and for a stock amplified system it's loud enough - (I like quality over quantity)
    amps went in the n/s cubby hole after I took the pocket out
    System is great, sub is in a sealed box, works even better when the rear window is down slightly
    Hope this helps
    Am at work tonight but I will post some pics tomorrow if you want
    Last edited by rusty; 30 December 2004, 21:02.
    NO WORRIES!
    Rusty

Comment

Thanks in advance
      At the moment i'm running 2x 12"sony xplodes in a sealed box running side to side in the rear facing the back window,they are only running of a philips 600w amp,they could easily handle more,there rated at over 1200w each,i mounted my amps behind inbetween rear seats and sub box,you can easily nock up your own sub box made to meassure if your handy with a tape and jigsaw and remember measure twice cut once and you won't go wrong,or just guess it cut it try ,take it out,cut it again and again like i did and it might take you all day.

Comment

i will keep all standard speakers (front are different anyhow) and probably go for an Infinity or Rockford 12" and then fiddle it with my alpine head unit, you can set all the frequncies the sub handles etc etc.
        However i've seen an infinity active basslink jobbie for £130 (10") so that might get a thought.
        Pics would be great guys, thanks
        Tim

Comment

Mines still got the old jap head unit in but i have 2day put in my 2x1200 subwoofers and amp all EXPLOD from my ex calibra , sounds quite wicked.
          SURFS UP DUDE.

Comment

I take it that all your systems do not include tweeters , i have fitted some extra tweeters and the quality of the sound has greatly improved .As you say in an earlier post that its a car not a nightclub its all about a balance ,bass is not everything , my daughters boyfriend has about £2000 worth of ice and although it sounds nice ,(you can hear him coming about two streets away) he also has fitted tweeters around the car and this gives a nice balance to the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by markmobile
              I take it that all your systems do not include tweeters , i have fitted some extra tweeters and the quality of the sound has greatly improved .As you say in an earlier post that its a car not a nightclub its all about a balance ,bass is not everything , my daughters boyfriend has about £2000 worth of ice and although it sounds nice ,(you can hear him coming about two streets away) he also has fitted tweeters around the car and this gives a nice balance to the sound.

Mine has the OE F/Fitted speakers -
              2 x 10cm (F)
              2 x 13cm (R)
              2 x tweeter (R/Roof)
              NO WORRIES!
              Rusty

Comment

u still got tweeters in the front doors?
                Tim

Comment

mine never came with tweeters in the front doors
                  I have attached a couple of pics to show where I put my amps & sub
                  Attached Files
                  NO WORRIES!
                  Rusty

Comment

tidy amps mate, did you take out the pocket to d that?... I hope your connections are good it looks a pain to take out if need be.
                    Tim

Comment

tidy amps mate, did you take out the pocket to d that?... I hope your connections are good it looks a pain to take out if need be.
                      Took the pocket out, got some dexy shelving lengths and cut them up and made a frame for the amps to bolt to.
                      the wiring is 4, 8 & 10 gauge with gold fittings and all crimped and soldered (hopefully it won't fall apart)
                      NO WORRIES!
                      Rusty

Comment

Working...
                      X