Turbo light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo light

On my 1996 3.0 td 4 runner, i have a small rectangular orange warning light on the centre right of the speedo, with a picture of a turbo underneath, according to the manual its a turbo light, (the manual is in french) the light comes on quite often, is that normal ? the car is left hand drive although i doubt that makes a difference.

Richard

Hi Richard

The first thing I would check for is splits in the flexi-hose that goes to the turbo. I'm sure the more experienced will have other suggestions.

Merrry Christmas
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

I know in my 2.4TD Surf this is just an indicator light, not a warning light.
      but then mine is a green light, and a right hand drive, haha.

anyhow, you may notice that the light comes on under acceleration, this would be a good indication that it is only an indicator light not a warning light.

Think of it sort of like a boost guage for dummies. (Like me!)

Comment

Richard,

Are you sure the light is in the speedo, and not the tacho ?

I have a 3.0 litre surf and the warning light is in the tacho display - if you have 1 light it is the engine check light, if you have two then 1 is the turbo, the other is the engine check light.

A 3.0 litre should just have the engine check light, the 2.4 has both (unless you got aftermarket white gauges )

Hope this helps

Trev

Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
        X