Headlamp bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlamp bulbs

Just walked around the front of the surf and noticed that i have one quite bright headlight(quite white looking) and one yellow looking , this must be the original was going to change bulbs but were quite bright this must be because of the new white one .My question is what type of bulb is the new one?as i only want to replace the yellow one, are all replacement head lamp bulbs quite bright these days or do you think that it is one of the 30%brighter ones.
    mark.s

Originally posted by markmobile
    Just walked around the front of the surf and noticed that i have one quite bright headlight(quite white looking) and one yellow looking , this must be the original was going to change bulbs but were quite bright this must be because of the new white one .My question is what type of bulb is the new one?as i only want to replace the yellow one, are all replacement head lamp bulbs quite bright these days or do you think that it is one of the 30%brighter ones.
    mark.s
    may as well buy a pair of bulbs anyway m8 from what i remember they are just as cheap to buy as a pair as compaired to singles.....
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Halfords near me (stevenage) currently has bulbs and winter products on special deals (bulbs buy one get one free, de-icing/screen cleaning products are buy 2 get one free)
      ======
      Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

Thanks Andy only halfords own superbright bulbs on offer 50% brighter allegedly ,£12.95 buy one get one free, have fitted them was going to remove the front grill, removed sidelights and started but those clips!!! so bit the bullet and done as previously posted removed batteries washer bottle header tank etc done one at a time , isolated battery terminals in a plastic bag as batteries in parallel all done and dusted about 45 mins looked a pain but not to bad in the end.

Comment

Did you find them any brighter? I changed one of mine and found that they looked the same as the ones I had before, tho the ones i had already looked pretty new!. I was kinda annoyed. Dunno what the next move is upgrade these, i read another post saying that the brighter bulbs need better wiring (and were illegal anyways) so what other options do we have? anyone?
          ======
          Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

Hi Andy yea they are brighter changed the yellow one first and they both looked the same, changed the other one and it had a slight blue tint to it made by koito same code as the yellow one obviously changed in japan, the lights are obviously better than the old halogen ones but 50% as the box says i doubt it. Upgrade you say, bulbs arnt legal and wiring needs changing, other option is hid as posted before but i could not justify spending the vast ammount of money to do this.

Comment

i just changed to my Halfords super bright jobbies I had in the Astra which I whipped out - cost me £15 each a while back and are a whiter/brighter light! i like them lots
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
              X