Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window & wiper

Hi
    Can anyone help i got into the truck (93 3.0 ssrx)this morning & both the rear window & rear wiper won't work

Is there a common fuse for these if so where is it (all the fuses in the drivers footwell look ok) or could it be something else?

i've read lots of posts about the window but none about both window & wiper stopping working together.

Any advice greatly appreciated as i'm going diving tommorow & need to get in the boot to load the gear.

thanks
    mag888

Rear Window Again

Hi

My Rear window & wiper started working again for a few days (from the dash switch but not the key) but now they've stopped again, making me think there's
    a dodgy connection somewhere

Anyone got any ideas or a preferably a wiring diagram to save me a few hours crawling round in the boot.

the MOT's due at the end of jan so i need to get the wiper working for that
    and not being able to get in the boot's causing me some real problems.

thanks Mag888

Comment

if you do a search mate you will find plenty on this, it is common for wires to break near the rear tailgate or in multiple places.
      the wiper motor is up in the roof where two rear tweeters are in some cars.
      also if you search for rear window service you should find some info there or goto http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

also a wiring diagram off a '91 4runner here

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTri...arWindow.shtml

Comment

Wiring Diagram

Thanks

I already did a search and read all the posts i could find but could'nt find a wiring diagram

The link JimL left was just wat i was after

Thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by mag888
            Hi

the MOT's due at the end of jan so i need to get the wiper working for that
            and not being able to get in the boot's causing me some real problems.

thanks Mag888
            Rear wiper is not tested for MOT
            I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

I had exactly the same problem as you last week. I found the problem by removing the n/s/r inner trim and the cubby box that you uncover. You'll find a control box towards the back with several wires coming out downwards. There is a multi pin connector on these which becomes corroded on 2 or 3 connections hence the intermittance of the problem. They just need a clean up and a good squirt of a good quality 'contact' spray or moisture repellant. There may also be a chafed or broken wire but you can unplug the connector and pull it and the big grommet out underneath the truck and open up the sheathing to check them easily.
              Hope that helps.
              May all your ups and downs be in bed (or in a Surf)

Comment

Working...
              X