How do you....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you....

In my quest to upgrade the radio and speakers, a couple of questions..

in the rear side panels how do you get in there? looks like the whole panel is one and the lot needs to come off?

also, the roof grills (where the load bay light is) How do you get in there? and what size speaker go in there?

Has anyone fitted 6x9's in the side panels?

I sussed the fronts out easy... only to find a brand new set of kenwoods in there.... Wired the wrong way round ..

Attatched side pod pic (could easily be mistaken for loch ness monster due to camera phone)
    Attached Files

Yeah, the side panels are one piece and just unclip, pull the roof panel above the rear window off, and there are 2 screw each side, undo these then, remove the carpet hold down piece at the back, unbolt the seat belt upper mount, then remove the load cover brackets if you have them, then the plastic kick cover at the front on the rear wheel arch, then you can prise the panel off carefully. Do the back bit first, then along the top over the window and then the main part last. Good luck
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Tony..

Think i get you.. ?!

That info you have put is about removing the side pods i guess? Where abouts are these screws?

Will give it a go when i get home i think, Hope my 6x9's are gonna fit in there.

Comment

Mark, have a look here

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/

Loads of stuff, belongs to forum member codlord.
        I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Great, thanks for that..

With tony's words and the pics on there it should be a doddle...

Thats tommorows project sorted...

Comment

Just a slight word of warning. The first time I had my side panels off was during a heatwave and I didn't break a single plastic clip. I took them off again last February, during a cold spell and broke lots. They are very brittle when cold.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Well i started this... Brand new Jbl 6x9's for the back panels...

Got all the panels off as per the help in this thread

Found the existing wiring..

Was just about to connect it to the speakers and though.. maybe i should test this with my multimeter 1st... 12V LIVE...

After chasing the wires around the car i find the speaker connections have changed 3 times in the length of the car, are different colours and are twisted together...

So... Puts it all back together and calls audio man to sort it for me...

Did i mention im colour blind...

Oh btw no one has a seat belt mounting bolt lying around do they... it stripped whilest being removed... im guessing this is a metric bolt and not unf..?

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin-uk

Oh btw no one has a seat belt mounting bolt lying around do they... it stripped whilest being removed... im guessing this is a metric bolt and not unf..?
                Its metric, 1.25 pitch thread. You can get them reasonable easily.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks again tony, Ive tried 3 car shops and so far they sold me no goers..!!

You have to buy them to oen the packet and once the pack is open its no refundable.. good job they were only a quid each..

Think im gonna have to buy a tap and die set anyway as the thread for this bolt has been cross thread by some num nuts...

Anyone know where i can buy a cheap tap and die set...?

Partco maybe..?

Comment

Working...
                  X