Gas Mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Mileage

What kind of Gas Mileage is everyone getting? I am sitting pretty horrible (12-15 MPG) with mine but I didnt buy it to be efficient!! What are some of the things folks are doing to improve MPG?

Official Toyota figure's for a 2nd Gen V6 4Runner are 16mpg round town, and 24-26 at 55mph.

So for a 18 or so years old truck with lots of miles on it i'd say you're doing ok.

What are some of the things folks are doing to improve MPG?
    Buy a bike?

Just make sure the truck is properly serviced, regularly, use road bias tyres and don't keep the truck full of crap or tools and drive smoothly with a gentle right foot is probably all you can really do.

Bull bars, spot lights, roof racks and oversize tyres are MPG killers.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I miss my 22r....With 38s I was getting better gas mileage then this 3L haha!

Comment

Still getting around 28/30 mpg with my trusty 2.7.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
          use road bias tyres and don't keep the truck full of crap or tools and drive smoothly with a gentle right foot is probably all you can really do.

Bull bars, spot lights, roof racks and oversize tyres are MPG killers.
          Hmmm, knew there was a reason I have lots of nectar points...
          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by BigRick View Post
            What kind of Gas Mileage is everyone getting? I am sitting pretty horrible (12-15 MPG) with mine but I didnt buy it to be efficient!! What are some of the things folks are doing to improve MPG?
            same with my 2.0 Ltr petrol engine in line 4 cylinder..it's getting me 7-8km/liter or 28-30 km/gallons which is 12-15 MPG.

Comment

I get 22-23MPG with 33" muds, roof rack and 4.56 gearing on a 2.4L TD.
              I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
                I get 22-23MPG with 33" muds, roof rack and 4.56 gearing on a 2.4L TD.
                My 2.4td is averaging 15mpg atm!

Comment

Originally posted by barclay03 View Post
                  My 2.4td is averaging 15mpg atm!
                  Seriously? That's not good!
                  I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
                    Seriously? That's not good!
                    nope will need to inspect it properly

Comment

Working...
                    X